What the heck...?

Options
Ok, so I know I'm losing weight, BUT...
while some clothes fit the same, others fit looser. And though I seem to LOOk thinner, the tape measurer says different! What the heck? I know there are a million explainations for this, but really I'm just looking to hear some simmilar stories and some words of encouragemnt from My Fitness Pals...
Thanks guys!:drinker:

Replies

• Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    you are probably loosing off places that you aren't measuring. The same thing happened to me. I started losing on my back first so it didn't show on the tape measure at first. Even things like pants would feel looser because the roll below the waist measurement was getting smaller, not as much in the waist specifically.

Don't worry it will come. Focus on how the clothes fit and how you are feeling. Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • quistis145
    Options
    Oh believe me you are not alone! Your body just loses weight where it needs to first. At first My biggest problem was in the lower abdomen area, so while i knew I was losing weight a lot of my clothes still fit the same....they just fit a little more comfortably. Shirts still fit the same but of course my bras didint! lol!

You will eventually start to lose it all over. Like anything in life, your body prioritizes what it needs to lose first.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    There's fat that's under the skin as well as fat that got depostied around our organs.
    You could be losing some of your "interior" fat .. so to speak.

It's all good. Congrads.

Other possibility.
    There's a slim chance that your tape measure might not be in exact same spot as previous, or maybe you pulled it tighter to measure last time.