FitBit or HRM or........

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
I know this question has only been asked a million times BUT I’m going to ask it again anyway…..I’m interested in possibly purchasing an HRM or a FitBit. Can someone provide some feedback/recommendations on both. Also, I’d like to know of any that might also be able to play music. I’d like to have one small device that can do it all…..

Thank you! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Check out the motoactv from motorola. It looks F'N AWESOME but for the price the I cant justify it. It will play music & customize your playlist to the intensity of your past workouts. It has a GPS (great if you bike) & you can add all kids of things like a HRM to it wirelessly. I think it's the most complete thing around but I'll wait for the price to drop a bit.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have both and LOVE my fitbit!!!! However, the fitbit does not compute your heart rate, which is why I got a hrm watch. Neither of them can play music. Good luck deciding.
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It almost sounds like you need the Nike + system with an iphone beefy.. but that still wouldn't include an HRM
  • melissaeich20
    melissaeich20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I brag about my fitbit every day! I love it! For the exercises I do it's very accurate. I love knowing what my TDEE is everyday and what my calorie defecit needs to be. My fitbit hasn't left me in 3 weeks. I don't know what I'd do with out it.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm so glad that you asked the question again, and I have a great solution! You buy both of them, and then tell me what you think is the best. I think that sounds like an awesome plan, Beef! :bigsmile:
  • cjgsmg
    cjgsmg Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    To me, the reasons you have each are different. I love my fitbit and I have worn it every day for 5 months, but it doesn't monitor your heart rate. My fitbit shows me how active I've been and really motivates me to be more active. I also like a heart rate monitor for when I'm running. You need to decide what you want in the long term.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar ft4 HRM. LOVE IT. :love: It motivates me to exercise, which I NEVER thought anything could do.
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I love it!!

I love the fact I know my TDEE and know how much of a deficit I need to lose 2lb a week!

I have recently started walking around on my lunch break just to get my average steps up!

xxx
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    FitBit FTW!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you aked this! I've been researching this all morning! :flowerforyou:
  • Gingersfit
    Gingersfit Posts: 31
    Options
    One thing to note when deciding... most HRM's don't work to just wear around all day. I have a Polar and it won't read my heart rate all day. I think it has some lower limit. The Fitbit stays with you all day but doesn't measure heart rate either. I know Iphones have some apps and gadgets that will let you monitor heart rate but I don't have an Iphone so I can't comment.
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    I love my FitBit! It not only motivates me to workout, but it also encourages me to sleep well. I have a HRM for the gym, but my FitBit makes me want to take the stairs and park a little farther :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Check out the motoactv from motorola. It looks F'N AWESOME but for the price the I cant justify it. It will play music & customize your playlist to the intensity of your past workouts. It has a GPS (great if you bike) & you can add all kids of things like a HRM to it wirelessly. I think it's the most complete thing around but I'll wait for the price to drop a bit.

I can't wait to get one... But I'm going to wait until they come out with a newer version. Apparently the battery life and water resistance is absolutely horrible
  • clamb329
    clamb329 Posts: 4
    Options
    I researched the Fitbit vs. Striiv. I ended up getting the Striiv and I love it! Periodically through the day it gives you the option to do challenges, so if your competitive at all it's a very good motivational tool. My fiance got one after I did and they sync when in the same area and then it challanges you to beat the other person. It definitely keeps your interest up!
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use FitBit and a Polar F7. FitBit to track my daily activity and the F7 for workouts. I can add (F7) workout information to MFP through the FitBit integration with MFP. It works very well.
  • cowgirlfromhanna
    Options
    I brag about my fitbit every day! I love it! For the exercises I do it's very accurate. I love knowing what my TDEE is everyday and what my calorie defecit needs to be. My fitbit hasn't left me in 3 weeks. I don't know what I'd do with out it.

Does your fitbit tally up miles rode on a bicycle?? or compute the calories burned while riding?? I'm really interested in one of these!!
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Get a Digifit setup.
    Best setup available and great on-line tools.

Fitbit is a joke. Do you really expect to get accurate readings for a glorified pedometer?
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback, much appreciated. That Motoactv is looking pretty awesome.....I've made it this far without an HRM so it's not an absolute necessity for me but I love gadgets and I'm due for a new toy.....and Father's Day is coming! :bigsmile: