Logging Zumba

Options
Has anyone ever logged Zumba on here? Was wondering how many Calories you would burn in a 30 minute or hour session?

Replies

• MJesuele126
    MJesuele126 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    go to zumbacalories.com thats what I do you calculate everything then I log it as "Dancing" and just manually put the calories in
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    look for dance and go from there....
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    use the site zumbacalories.com
  • melissaeich20
    melissaeich20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com is pretty accurate. I had never seen it before this post. I use my fitbit to calculate my calories and between the two they are very close in comparison.
  • preciate
    preciate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use the same zumba calorie website
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I also use Zumbacalories.com. :)
  • preciate
    Options
    :happy:
  • preciate
    Options
    zumbacalories.com is pretty accurate. I had never seen it before this post. I use my fitbit to calculate my calories and between the two they are very close in comparison.

Great to know!!!:happy:
  • JustKristen
    Options
    I was just trying to log Zumba and this topic popped up on the side of my screen, thanks for the info!
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bumping to use at home later.
  • KimmyLouie
    KimmyLouie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This Zumba calorie counting site is great. I knew you burned a lot of calories , but WOW!!!! No wonder it works so well.

Thanks for posting it!!
  • zorylopez
    zorylopez Posts: 23
    Options
    It depends on your weight.
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM during Zumba. My calories are WAY off from all online sites. My Zumba teacher touts burning up to 800-1200 calories in one hour which I have found to be entirely inaccurate, at least for me. I've been doing Zumba for a long time now and only burn about 250 during the hour. I think its a combination of being a lower weight and my body being used to the routines now. I don't find it as challenging any more. I'd be wary of what any online fitness calculator tells me. When I bought my HRM my calories for ALL of my workouts were wrong by a lot. I didn't actually start losing weight until I started using the HRM because I was overestimating what I was burning therefore eating too much food.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What is HRM?
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What is HRM?
    Heart Rate Monitor
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I use a Polar HRM and my calories burned on my HRM compared to zumbacalories.com is lower by about 50-75 calories. I use the numbers on my HRM.
  • Tiff6884
    Tiff6884 Posts: 28
    Options
    I used a HRM and found the Zumba Calculator online to be accurate, at least for me. The HRM said I burnt 750 calories in 45 minutes and so did the Zumba Calculator, I think a couple of factors contribute to the calculations such as your age, weight, height, and how much effort you put into the routines. When I do the Rush DVD I go all out, and after I can't stop sweating I get sweat in my eyes, and my neck. :) Hope this helps!