old lady needs support

Options
Hi I am maurine and I am 64 years old. Alway been overweight and i have health problems. The myfittnesspal is great b/c I am counting calories. Every day is a challenge but I am taking one day at a time. Not sure if this is how I "introduce" myself but didnt see any where else to post unless I did new topic. If this is wrong I apologize.
:wink:

Replies

• Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou: Posting is a great way to introduce yourself.

Are you looking for specific sorts of friends? (Ones with particular goals, locations, age ranges, etc.?) Feel free to add me if you're just looking for general support and encouragement.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    hi nice to meet you, im 64 its hard as you get older but we can do this.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi Maurine and welcome to MFP. We have a group 60 and over. We all understand the struggle of dealing with pain, eating right and trying to exercise. I will send you a friend request and you will find so many wonderful people here willing to cheer you on.
  • skmoore51
    skmoore51 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Maurine ~ i too am 60 ~ struggling with weight. I believe with the right support system we can all do this! I would love to add you as a buddy.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Hi Maurine: You are so welcome to add me as a friend. I love the support we all give and receive. I have a great variety of ladies. Young to younger...like me and you..lol. I joined Jan 20, 2012 and I love my pals. You are not an old lady!!!! You are a wonderful lady who needs support just like all of us do. You are only as young as you feel...some days I feel 40...some days I feel 90...Welcome. Di
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Hi Maurine ~ i too am 60 ~ struggling with weight. I believe with the right support system we can all do this! I would love to add you as a buddy.

skmoore you may add me too if you would like..just read my bio and see if we have common goals..and interest. Di

oh yes California girl is a great pal of mine..
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome...and congrats on thinking of yourself!! Our health is so very important at any age!! I am almost at my goal and turned fifty this year.....so you can do it!! Just don't give up, even when you have days that aren't so great!!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Welcome...and congrats on thinking of yourself!! Our health is so very important at any age!! I am almost at my goal and turned fifty this year.....so you can do it!! Just don't give up, even when you have days that aren't so great!!
    [/quo

You have done so amazingly well! Congrats, and your girls are just beautiful...you look very good! Be proud..
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 but I would like to add anyone that needs and wants encouragement and support on here and would offer the same. I have multiple sclerosis and am way over weight. 270-275 (I haven't gotten on the scale today...it is arguing with me).

Be strong, log your food, drink your water, and send me a message if you need to yell at someone. I won't get angry. We all need to vent sometimes.

My venting last night included I WANT SOMETHING SWEET. I had a Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream Bar for my snack.

Terri
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi and welcome. You are not old, mature is what I call myself. I will be 56 in Dec. And you are smart for joining MFP.This will work for you if you are determined to make it work. I have lost 48lbs, 35 since I joined. Most of my excercise comes from walking. I am sending you a friend request, would love to encourage you and watch your success.
  • flowerpower263
    flowerpower263 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am 68 going on 69 and have been on mfp for almost 2 years. i have lost all of the weight i wanted to lose and am now on maintanance. it's really not as hard as you think to lose weight even at our age. just stick with the calories and do a little exercise a few times a week. i was able to lose 2 lbs. a week on my 1200 calories. if you read labels and watch your fat you can do it! it's amazing how many things are out there for you to eat that are healthy and tasty!! Good Luck on your journey!! and i would love for you to ad me as a friend!
  • PatBland
    PatBland Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - I am well over 64 (in the 70's in fact). There are several 60 and over groups that you can check out. This is a journey that is hard - it does not matter what your age is. You are welcome to join me on this journey. This is has been the best thing that I have done for myself in a while. A great way to track and journal. Nice people and lots of encouragement from all.
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi Maurine, welcome to MFP! I hope you make lots of good friends and do well with your goals.
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome your not old just wiser. I am 4 years younger than you and I don't think that way at all. We
    are all very supportive. Good luck to you.