100-200 Calorie Snacks

Options
mrsbez1
mrsbez1 Posts: 7 Member
Hi There!!

My hubby and I are trying to eat very healthy and so far so good!! We are finding that we are running out of ideas for 100-200 calories snacks or 300ish small meal ideas. He finds he's about 500-1000 cals short on his eating each day after his workouts, but wants to consume those cals just not sure how. He works a later shift at work 1130-830 and needs some things that he can take to eat quickly. Any tips would be greats!! Thanks :)

p.s. we are trying to stay away from 100 calorie pack type snacks.

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    1 cutie orange (40), a weight watchers string cheese (50) and half an ounce of mixed nuts (90) is 180 calories.

1/2 cup Fiber One cereal, 1/3 cup whole milk, 1 tsp. turbinado sugar is 112 calories.

Kind Bars are wonderful as well. They're under 200 calories and the coconut almond is to die for.

There are recipes on MFP for things like protein brownies, low cal protein banana muffins. Things you can bake, portion out and enjoy later.

Great job making such good choices!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nuts, bananas
  • Finchtastic1
    Finchtastic1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Air popped pop corn. Raw nuts. I LOVE raw almonds as they have protein in them. hummus and carrots. I have a HUGE problem with snacking so i am trying too. I find that Lara bars or Luna bars are great too. All under 200 calories.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm using various Zone Perfect bars. They weigh in at around 200 calories and all the ones I've tried so far taste pretty good.
    http://zoneperfect.com/

You might also want to take a good protein shake after a workout. Those range from 120 - 250 calories depending on how many scoops you add in to your water/milk
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mini babybel cheese - but the light version....Only 72 cals per cheese. I really enjoy them.:flowerforyou:
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Milk lollies! Tasty and only 48cal
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree, stay away from those 100 cal pack - you can make your own anyway!

Here are my suggestions:

1 T organic, unsweetened peanut butter + 1 tablespoon raisins
    popcorn (take 2T unpopped kernels and put them in a paper lunch bag. fold over the top 2-3 times and put in microwave on high - It takes ~2 1/2 min in my microwave - no chemicals, no added oils DELICIOUS!)
    a small apple with organic peanut butter
    baby carrots with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1t dry ranch dressing mix.

These are just off the top of my head!
  • judysaprincess
    Options
    Just a few of my FAV's :)

1) Sabra Hummus & Fresh Veggies Yummmmmmm!
    2) Brown Rice cakes w/ peanut butter
    3) Jamie Eason has some Yummy recipes for protein bars, turkey muffins ect.
    4) Greek yogurt w/ chia seeds
    5) Almonds

Check out the Jamie Eason website...great ideas! Yes, please stay away from 100 calories processed foods...soooo horrible! No nutrition...ANTI FOOD - you don't benefit from these foods!
  • ondiem
    ondiem Posts: 3
    Options
    bump
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I like ann's house good health energy blend. It's a mix of dried cranberries, pumpkin seed, natural almonds and soybeans. 1/2 cup is 300 cals and so good.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I throw 1/4 c. of Almonds and 1/4 c. of raisins in a baggie. I love the sweet and salty combo.

Also, snack size cottage cheese and beets, hummus and cucumber and/or carrot sticks, or a Lara Bar or similar snack bar.
  • adamsurpren
    adamsurpren Posts: 53
    Options
    Motts no added sugar applesauce. 50 calories a pack. So tasty ^_^
  • emoritz2
    emoritz2 Posts: 27
    Options
    1 cup strawberries (about 50 calories) and chocolate syrup (100 calories). My favorite late night snack
  • mrsbez1
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!!! Now I want a snack :)

These are all great for on the go and I love the idea of the protein muffins, turkey mini loafs etc that you can freeze and pop out as you need!!!
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrsbez1
    Options
    bump
  • abigails171
    abigails171 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pistachios are awesome and high in Protein!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary. I have a lot of snacking stuff, or at least I like to think so.