Memorial Day cook out ideas

Options
Ok so we are having a little get together at my house for Memorial Day on Monday and I need some healthy ideas such as meat, side dishes and dessets I could make!! I think this forum would be helpful to alot of people with the holiday coming up so quick:) IDEAS PLEASE.......

Replies

• tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Kabobs! You will get your protein with the shrimp and then add veggies and grill everything so its still healthy.
  • kimberlyw26
    kimberlyw26 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks lady I love shrimp!! And I might also grill some pineapples:)
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Sugar free angel food cake topped with lite cool whip and some fresh strawberries/blueberries. Easy/Low cal/ and most importantly patriotic :tongue:
  • kimberlyw26
    kimberlyw26 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am def making the angel food cake it is on my list:)
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Grilled corn on the cob
    Grilled sweet potatoes or baked potatoes
    Grilled chicken kabobs with pepper, onion and pineapple (a great marinade is equal parts honey, olive oil and soy sauce with chopped garlic)
    Chipotle black beans (lots of protein!)
    Fruit salad
    Skinnytaste.com - farro salad with cucumbers/feta/sundried tomatoes
    Veggie trays
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    As a side a cut up fresh raw veggies,
    Cucumber, onion, bell peppers, mushroom, olives, tomatoes squash whatever you have from the garden
    add a can of drained chick peas some crumbled feta cheese, than marinate with balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (bottle or make your own).
    Server with a slotted spoon or drain before serving.

***Edited to say you can even add canned beans, corn even green beans. It's also great put in a foil packet and grilled, just use italian dressing instead of vinaigrette***
  • cuddles1225
    cuddles1225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a lot of recipes for the holiday weekend!!! it;s an awesome site
  • AndMee
    AndMee Posts: 23
    Options
    Grilled fruit. My kids love pineapple, apples, and watermelon. If it doesn't fall apart, throw it on the grill. Have fun!