Friends w/ Open Diaries who Eat Back their Workout Caloires

Options
Hi Guys,

Im a daily logger, with a pretty great group of friends on here. I love to support others, but not all of my friends eat back their workout calories, and some even go under the 1200 regularly. I'd love to have some more friends on here who have the same mentality and approach to loosing weight as I do.

Please feel free to add me :)

-Nicole

Replies

• kmckeown1971
    kmckeown1971 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there, could you tell us what your mentality to losing weight is so we would know if we were similar or not? :)

Kandy
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi, I usually eat them back - unless I'm making up for a day where I ate allot ;) feel free to add.
  • N_Bridgeman
    N_Bridgeman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for some more friends who eat back their workout calories, and try to eat a healthy amount of food every day. I find it hard to have so many friends who eat around 800-100 calories and workout and burn 600 in a day. I just don't see how they can survive on such a little amount of food.
  • underw64
    underw64 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! Do you still successfully and quickly lose weight when you eat back your exercise calories? I've found that if I eat more than 1400(+/-), regardless of my exercise, that it is too much and my weight loss stalls. I drop back down to eating 1200-1300 calories, again regardless of my exercise, and the weight loss will kick back in gear. I think that's why I'm so afraid to eat back my exercise calories!! :indifferent:
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    I eat my workout calories back! Feel free to add me. (however, the last few days I've been ill so not worked out and have either been way under or over my calories. This isn't usual for me though, hope to get to the gym tomorrow if I feel better)
  • bralbo226
    bralbo226 Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree, it has to be a healthy approach or you gain it back! :o)
  • N_Bridgeman
    Options
    Hello! Do you still successfully and quickly lose weight when you eat back your exercise calories? I've found that if I eat more than 1400(+/-), regardless of my exercise, that it is too much and my weight loss stalls. I drop back down to eating 1200-1300 calories, again regardless of my exercise, and the weight loss will kick back in gear. I think that's why I'm so afraid to eat back my exercise calories!! :indifferent:

I did not have tonnes of weight to lose, and Im sure what works is different for each person. But I know for me, I am losing weight while eating back my exercise calories. It only makes sense to me. I know I am burning, and trying to build muscles, and get healthier, so when I burn them, my bodies needs more fuel just to survive and repair itself. I am not trying to make a big judgement of others that do not eat them back. This site is all about people getting healthy, and I don't want to judge others. That said, I am always curious what others are eating, and as someone who aims to eat them back, its nice to have some friends who do the same.

And RE:other comments, Im also not perfect. Some days I don't eat them back, and since summer has hit patios and dinners/drinks with friends make staying in my goal range more challenging, but thanks for all the adds, and looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • N_Bridgeman
    Options
    Do you still successfully and quickly lose weight when you eat back your exercise calories?

Im not too worried about the quick part. I want to do this long term, and maintain what I do. Im trying to change my lifestyle, and am happy to do it slow and steady. But I am doing so successfully while eating them back.
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do! You can add me if you want.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that if you don't eat enough, you'll end up burning muscle, and that's kind of counterproductive (for my goals, anyhow). So yes, I try to eat back my exercise calories. Feel free to add me if you like :-)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Do you still successfully and quickly lose weight when you eat back your exercise calories?

Im not too worried about the quick part. I want to do this long term, and maintain what I do. Im trying to change my lifestyle, and am happy to do it slow and steady. But I am doing so successfully while eating them back.

I DO have a lot to lose, but this is me exactly otherwise - I'd rather lose slowly and make a real change than quickly and gain it all back! So far it's been working for me.

Feel free to add me if you like, I have an open diary and eat my exercise calories. Gotta keep my body fueled correctly!