need help!!

Options
help me stay away from mcdonalds...i am at school 8 to 5 two days a week and classes make me hungary so mcdonalds is the place to go. Large sweet tea mcchicken and a small fry. I need to stop the madness

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    help me stay away from mcdonalds...i am at school 8 to 5 two days a week and classes make me hungary so mcdonalds is the place to go. Large sweet tea mcchicken and a small fry. I need to stop the madness

stop going pack snacks for school- that meal you get from Mc Donalds is alot of calories the sandwich and the fries total 600 calories thats alot and isn't even including the sweet tea which has more than 100. Leave it alone plan ahead.

Just think if you cut out fast food how many calories you would save to be able to eat better food and just think how much weight you could drop and the money you would save. that should be your motivation
  • kewlbuttons
    kewlbuttons Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OMG are you my twin?? Thats the same exact thing I get when I hit the McD's drive thru. lol I have one right down the street from my work. I have to drive by it to get to work. My advice is to bring with you some kind of snack. Or even, if you have to stop there get the apple dippers and a diet coke instead. Thats only 100 cal. BUt I totally understand where you're comin from. Its taken me at least 4 months to cut the McD's addiction, and I stil sometimes fall off the wagon. :bigsmile:
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well, you're guaranteed not to get any nutritional value from anything there except maybe the fruit and yogurt and water. I bet you gain a pound just walking in the door! :laugh: Remember, empty calories does not mean no calories ;) I'm on a very strict no mcD's lifestyle, because they helped me get where I am today, and I don't mean that in a good way! Hope you can find the willpower to pack a lunch and then stay away from the fast food.
  • stacyschiefer
    Options
    I agree that you need to pack some waters to fill you up, maybe a hundred cal snck pack foumd at store, luna or pria bar, tuna kit, sandwich, fruit. Btw does any one know how to aquire friends on your profile?
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Click on the person's name in the message board then when it takes you to their profile click add as friend. When they accept, they will appear or your friends page.
    I agree that you need to pack some waters to fill you up, maybe a hundred cal snck pack foumd at store, luna or pria bar, tuna kit, sandwich, fruit. Btw does any one know how to aquire friends on your profile?
  • stacyschiefer
    Options
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The apples and caramel are about the only thing I have found. At least that gives me something sweet.
  • birgithooker
    Options
    I share the McDonald's addiction as well. And I drag my hubby down with me. I will be out and on my way to the house I will call him and ask him if he needs anything. I try and justify my craving if he willl give in with me. Here's my thought. If you have to go out and get it, DON'T. I love those 100 calorie snack packs. I just had a huge craving and opened up one of those and it helped. It makes me feel like I am giving into my craving without actually doing so. If I am really having a bad day and really craving something awful, I work out extra. I will log the food I want into my food log just to see how many calories it works out to be and then I work out and see if I can burn off that number of calories. If not, it's not meant to be. I don't need to eat it. If so, I sometimes give in to the temptation. Or I modify. Maybe I don't have the double cheeseburger and fries, and I just have a regular cheeseburger. I know I can't avoid crappy food forever. I just have to eat in moderation and make sure that I am balancing what I eat with exercise.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I've been there with the McDonald's addiction. You need to quit the fast food completely for a while until you can handle the occasional fast food meal, and it's not a daily habit. The only way to learn restraint is to practice.