HRLP! Low calorie Menu variety needed!

Options
imchicbad
imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
Im burning out slowly on the same old sandwich and salads, any good ideals of recepies from 400 and 300 calories. Like kind of gourmet but healthy version. Lunch breakfast or dinner. I need to broaden my horizons.

Replies

• ameliamoe
    ameliamoe Posts: 1
    Options
    My grocery store sells salmon pinwheels stuffed with crab. 275 cals and super good with a bit of brown rice!
    Also my sister @mjlobeau found these amazing potstickers that are only 160 cals for 5!
    I like to make turkey sausages sometimes, 90 cals for 2. I don't eat eggs but they'd be good with em. And eating right brand waffles are 150 cals for 2. Add some strawberrys and a scoop of fat free cool whip. Decadent and delicious.

I've been eating the dessert selections yogurt, only 35 cals. Oh and yesterday I had ritz crackers (low sodium is 100 cals for 7 crackers) and I spread each with a bit of laughing cow light cheese (only used one triangle for all) and topped with a little piece of rosemary ham. That whole lunch was only 170. I also made some hummus for my veggies and it was delish.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito? Smaller whole wheat tortilla, scrambled egg whites with tomatoes/salsa, cilantro and a little bit of refried beans. Yum. About 300 calories.

Greek yogurt with fruit and sliced almonds.

Snack: 4 oz low sodium deli turkey (works well for me to get me through the morning).

Lunch: I'm addicted to PBJ on Ezekiel 4:9 flourless low glycemic bread + 2 tbsp organic peanut butter (peanuts only), and 1 tbsp no-sugar added jelly. Might be high for your calorie goals, but it's so yummy and filling. I add 2-3 cups of broccoli, green beans, etc before the sandwich to add fiber and veggies.

4-6 oz grilled chicken with shelled edamame. Also very filling.

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head. Good luck! Jen
  • mjlobeau
    mjlobeau Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    check out www.skinnytaste.com and www.hungry-girl.com lots of good low-cal recipes. if you like pasta, hungry girl is a big fan of the shiritake noodles, which are awesome. i get the ones with tofu, and they come in a bag in the refrigerated tofu section of the groc store. it's like 40 cals for half a bag or something ridiculous. you just rinse them really well, dry with paper towel and heat in a skillet or microwave. then you can add chicken, shrimp, fish, veg whatever, for a super low cal meal. and its filling. good luck!
  • bigmom37
    bigmom37 Posts: 7
    Options
    I do alot of veggies grilled... with evoo with lite parm cheese.... really good. i do rice with fat free soup .... wheat flour tor and roll with luch meat and veggies.. so yummy...