New job = more weight loss!

Options
Guess what everyone- I just got a new job at . . . a Health Club! I will be working at the gym now, which means I get a complementary membership and personal training, and can work out before, after, or even during my shift! I'm so excited to see how this will help my fitness goals!

Replies

• barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Guess what everyone- I just got a new job at . . . a Health Club! I will be working at the gym now, which means I get a complementary membership and personal training, and can work out before, after, or even during my shift! I'm so excited to see how this will help my fitness goals!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Hey, Aussie ! That is such great news ! Wow, things really turned around for you, didn't they? I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Do you have a stable place to live and decent transportation?

Keep us up to date on your life. One door closes......another one opens!

:happy: ~Cheryl
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I'm a little Jealous. Congratz, both on the new job, and the new opportunity.
    :happy:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    What a cool job! You get PAID to be in a health-promoting environment!!!! Congratulations!

:smile:
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Things are starting to look up! Congratulations Erin! Have a (water) drink on me. :drinker:

Red
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome... Good Luck and let us know how it works out :)
    Beth
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I really like it there so far. I also love the fact that my job is to help people get going on their fitness plans and change the way that they view exercise in their own lives!

The free membership and personal training doesn't hurt either . . . :)

I am doing well, thanks for checking in Cheryl and everyone else. Am looking for a new place to live as this one is just too tied to the boy, and working in a new place is getting me introduced to lots of new people, which is great so I can have a social network that doesn't involve him!

Next step . . . I desperately need a car! Much as I love walking, I am not a fan it taking an hour each way to get to work every day!

Hope everyone is having a good halloween- ours was last night over here in Aus, and was great fun! As it is already November for me, let me tell you that the month looks great and I see lots of weight loss success for everyone in it! :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Erin,

Yesterday when I was on the Elliptical for what seemed like days - but was only 45 minutes - I thought - I should get a job close to the gym. ( I recently quit a job with a company that moved its location and made my commute an hour and a half. ) I'm trying to be as "green" as I can, and won't take another job more than walking distance from home. If I combined the walk to work with it being close to the gym -win/win.

Good luck in your new life, Erin.

Kick our butts with good "Gym Tips". How come the Ellipticals vary SOOOO much in the calories burned? One machine says one number, and another machine (same program) says another number. I wish I could figure my own kcals....even the "Calories-Burned" websites fluctuate....??

~Cheryl