afternoon snacking

Options
Hey! New here and doing great in my first week! I have been very disciplined w/my caloric intake, but i was curious about one thing. I seem to do great in the morning, and through mid afternoon, but come 4:00 i really get to snacking! i don't go overboard, but i'll have 2 or 3 "snacks" in a row (for example - 100 calorie snack pack followed by an apple). Then i'll eat a reasonable dinner around 6:30 or 7:00. Does it matter WHEN i get my calories? II'm afraid that b/c i'm eating more later in the day, that it will affect my weight loss.

Any opinions?

Replies

• domang
    domang Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey! New here and doing great in my first week! I have been very disciplined w/my caloric intake, but i was curious about one thing. I seem to do great in the morning, and through mid afternoon, but come 4:00 i really get to snacking! i don't go overboard, but i'll have 2 or 3 "snacks" in a row (for example - 100 calorie snack pack followed by an apple). Then i'll eat a reasonable dinner around 6:30 or 7:00. Does it matter WHEN i get my calories? II'm afraid that b/c i'm eating more later in the day, that it will affect my weight loss.

Any opinions?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you should try to spread out calories over the course of the day, but that sounds totally fine to me, as long as you're not depriving yourself earlier in the day
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think it matters what time of day you get your calories as long as you don't go over. I spread mine out into 5-6 minimeals.
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    my afternoon snack is always fruit and yogourt. It even gives me enough energy to go to the gym right after work before dinner. I find the wee bit of protein in the yogourt really helps.