Is it possiable too gain weight after a "cheat" day?

Options
ahhhh so i gained 4.2 pounds after my "cheat" day just wondering is that possiable i didnt even have like 2000 calories when i did cheat i felt it wasnt too bad...ive been drinking tons off water and getting back on track will it go back down!

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    it will go back down...water weight is a *****. (:
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Water weight. Just ask yourself if you had a lot of sodium on your cheat day?
  • Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    4.2 lbs is 14700 Calories.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    What showed up on the scale is not actual weight gained...its probably the volume of whatever food you ate. Depending on how much you ate, how much sodium was in the food, etc...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Also realize that it takes 24 hours to actually digest food. So while you may have extra food in your stomach, or extra water in your cells, that doesn't mean your body has BUILT FAT on top of its existing mass
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Water weight, watch it drop tomorrow.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but there are lots of factors in play... sodium, other preservatives, increased sugar, bloating, hormones, and on and on. Eating 2000 calories in and of itself could not make you gain 4 lbs (1 lb = 3500 calories).

I've gained 2-3 lbs after a great eating day... how depressing is that?? Overall, I just look at my highest and lowest weights over a week or two and try to make sure BOTH are trending down.

Don't worry too much about it... it'll all come out in the wash!
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    your body always replenishes it glycogen stores when you "cheat" after being in calorie deficit. For every gram of glycogen, I think it stores something like 4 grams of water. So, the short answer is, absolutely you can add as much as 10 pounds according to the scale. But in the course of the next few days (assuming you get back to your norm) all of that will fall off as your body burns off its new glycogen and with it, all that water.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Nah...! :-)
  • cholibear
    cholibear Posts: 86
    Options
    3500 calories (with no exercise) equals gaining one pound. It's almost impossible to do this in one day so please dont worry! The gained weight could be from water, excess sodium retaining a lot of water, when you weighed yourself, using the restroom, the lady time of the month, stress and other factors.

I used to stalk my scale like an ex boyfriend so instead of watching my numbers go up and down I started measuring! This was the best advice I ever got, and I hope you do the same. Measure yourself, waist, hips, neck, thighs....you'll see the inches rather than the numbers on the scale

I hope this helps hun!
  • spym2202
    spym2202 Posts: 3
    Options
    Dont weight yourself on the day you cheated! as the post before you need to wait until you have digested the food, you will prob gain becuase you have over eaten but not as much as that! you just need to be extra good after! I have a cheat day at the weekend but I dont care if I gain, as long as I am lighter by the start of the next weekend as I was the previous one then it's still an achievement. Plus allowing yourself a cheat day keeps you going, a little of what you enjoy and all that!!!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating to see the scale go up when maybe you just ate a treat but it all balances out at the end of a week. I try not to have cheat days because it makes me scared I will fall off the "wagon" and I find the scale is depressing when I eat a little more than I should. Don't worry you will have success.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    it's water and food volume in your gut, and like everyone has said before me, it goes away. I always tended to spike a couple pounds after a cheat day and it was usually gone plus some by the end of the week.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    uum--no. 4.2 pounds is OVER 14000 extra calories. you can gain weight but not that much weight!
  • DistilledVixen
    DistilledVixen Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow!.....My thoughts exactely...thanks for posting, and thanks for all the helpful reply's :)
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to think how I could eat 14000 in a day.
  • byock
    byock Posts: 23
    Options
    I can't even begin to think how I could eat 14000 in a day.

I know I would sure love to try though!