Over my calories every day!

Options
2»

Replies

• lorilynnschisler
    lorilynnschisler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd rethink the granola. That's alot of calories for such a small serving of high fructose corn syrup. I'd also reconsider the 120 calorie beverage. Trade the coffee in for food fuel. Something that will keep you filling full. And I also recommend eating snacks under 100 calories.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I checked out a few days of your diary. You eat as much as I do in calories, and I am guessing you don't weigh 215.

I would skip stuff like pizza and have a nice piece of fish, lean pork or beef along with some steamed veggies. That alone would do the trick. you can eat anything you want, but I would go for some more healthy options.

You can friend me check out my diary, if you like.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Looks to me as though you could use an artificial sweetener in your coffee and lower cal creamer and cut almost 200 cals right there.
    I agree with this. And it looks by your diary that you eat close to zero veggies! Also, the bread you eat is pretty high in caloires. You could switch to a different brand.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I eat foods that are fresh, not processed (no fast food except McDonald's iced coffee and starbucks occaisionaly and that is sugar free and skim milk) and I can't hit my calorie goal except on weekends. I understand the Dunkin Donuts fix, I'd have SB's everyday if I could. Try adding in some fresh veggies and fruits too, that should help. Good luck on your wedding!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's weird because it doesn't look like you're eating very much every day at all. I suggest to stop eating boxed food, stop using 2% milk and real sugar in your coffee, and if you're eating pre-packed snacks try to do the 100 calorie things.

Also, try working out.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Going back just a few of days I see....

Lemon Pound Cake
    Pizza
    Caramel Popcorn
    Fudge Drizzled Caramel Popcorn
    McDonald's Ice Cream Cone
    2 Margaritas

One of these choices per week would be okay.
  • livelovesmile
    Options
    The more you exercise, the more you get to eat. I started at 1200 caloties, but that was tough to get used to. I ate a lot of fruits, veggies, and salads. I drink water or sugar free drinks as well. It's easy to add in extra calories from sodas or teas that you don't really think about. It's tough, but you can do it.

Just wanted to add that you should never go less than 1,500 unless you're aiming to lose half a pound every week, because 1,200 is way too little, especially if you're burning every day as well.

As long as you're not going over the limit with 200 calories of fat, sugar, or anything too unhealthy, it'd be okay.
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Most of your choices are good but one or two splurges can sabotage your whole day.
    I look up the calories before I eat it. I love bread and bagels but a half a serving is so much better than a whole and almost as satisfying.
    100 calories over does not seem to be much but over a month it adds up to a pound.
    If I am going out to eat I try to plan the meal in advance...easy to do with this app, then look at the big ticket items like sake, beer, breads, deserts and see can i eliminate or 1/2 them. 1200 is challenging for an active grown up. Exercise and eat back the calories!
    I don't drink anything with calories except wine and then I exercise for it.
    Here are my hunger stoppers:
    Fresh vegatables sauted with just a spoonful (120 cals) of olive oil (measure it)
    Edamame beans. i get them frozen in 100 cal packs.
    apples
    non-fat yogurt.
    water, water, water.
    tea.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would get rid of the coffee... I try to stay away from any beverage that's not water unless I need some quick sugar like juice, but it's not an everyday thing. Try to stay away from dressings and that sort of thing. Fill up on lots of veggies and lean meat (such as chicken).
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Definitely bulk up with more veggies. Do you cook? Maybe making your own lunch - chicken, veggies, etc would be about the same calories but more food. I'm guilty of eating out alot myself, and it kills my calories.

Also, for zumba - try www.zumbacalories.com or get a HRM. Those are the best ways to accurately track. Most people burn between 400-900 calories for an hour. That's such a wide range that a HRM works the best.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    First all congrats on your 2 pound loss. I'm no expert but looking over your diary for a week I noticed lots of pizza. Also you can get Sara Lee wheat bread that's only 90 calories for 2 slices. I didn't see any water listed and that really is a must. Try to eat more veggies and chicken is lower in calories. If you like to cook, may I suggest that you visit Skinnytaste.com There are LOTS of healthy recipes there which Gina has lowered the calories and kept the taste. I have even been able to lower them more using her recipies as a guide line.
    I hope this helps and you can feel free to add me if you like. Take care! Karen
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate to admit... I have the same problem but I've learn to make little adjustment. This all started for me as eating more fruits and veggies... Once you start to do that you start to appreciate how much unprocessed, natural fruit and veggies you can eat.. Also the fiber in them keeps you full... It helps (even though its boring) to eats the same thing everyday with few variations.... They're going to be days you go OVER.. its happens and your allowed BUT working out and staying consistent overall makes days like this a minute flub in your plan.
  • britandryan6
    britandryan6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the advice.
    This has been an exceptionally bad food week for me!
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the advice.
    This has been an exceptionally bad food week for me!

You at least have tracked.... I haven't faced the tracker in a week and a half.. Planning to get back to it tomorrow after I face the scale.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Next week will be better! :flowerforyou:
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I find myself under. Its hard but I stay bussy to keep sweets and any snacks/cravings off my mind; )
    Just try planning out your days and meals/times to eat
    Hope I helpt; )
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    Fruits, veggies and pretty much high fiber foods.
    That's how I've been doing it!!
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I've actually been doing 20-40 minutes of Zumba a night but I'm not sure how to record it. I just do it as "dance" under cardiovascular

Try this site to get a better estimate: http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • xJenBenx
    xJenBenx Posts: 12
    Options
    Excercise is my life saver, an hour of a really hard aerobics / box fit class or something can burn from 500-800 calories, and Zumba is the same! Its madness, for the sake of one hour, it gives you back loads of calories which you might not even need and may end up under your daily allowance since you seem to be over around 200!

Hope that helps x

I've actually been doing 20-40 minutes of Zumba a night but I'm not sure how to record it. I just do it as "dance" under cardiovascular

Yeah I couldnt figure it out either, but I went on http://www.zumbacalories.com/ to calculate what I burnt and then I logged my own exercise cos its not on the list, it should really be on the list!!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Someone on my feeds does Zumba and I guess she puts it in herself.

Under exercise, go to data base my Exercise and edit it in.

I would look at your food data but I can't seem to find it.

Though, I have no clue how you all do it. 1,200 cals a day? I will never last. x_X!

My sugestion for bad food days. (I understand) Go and get a V8. If you don't like V8 go and get v8 Splash. I know it has sugar but it's much better then what you would have right?

I wish you luck but that's the only sugestion I can give you.