Breakfast meal suggestions?

Options
So I find that if I have a satisfying breakfast I'm not so antsy to eat more at lunch. I am SUCH a sucker for taylor ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches or pancakes which does not really help. What also makes everything harder is that I'm a huge baby and pretty much dislike most fruit except watermelon and oranges. Sometimes I don't mind cantaloupe. peaches and kiwi, but it depends haha I probably have to stop being so picky, but does anyone have any suggestions for a decent healthy breakfast?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So I find that if I have a satisfying breakfast I'm not so antsy to eat more at lunch. I am SUCH a sucker for taylor ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches or pancakes which does not really help. What also makes everything harder is that I'm a huge baby and pretty much dislike most fruit except watermelon and oranges. Sometimes I don't mind cantaloupe. peaches and kiwi, but it depends haha I probably have to stop being so picky, but does anyone have any suggestions for a decent healthy breakfast?

What is "unhealthy" about pork roll egg and cheese or pancakes?
  • wiscogurl
    wiscogurl Posts: 6
    Options
    I love all of the things you mention for breakfast. Pick one day that you can enough those items. On the other six days, try picking things that are comparable to what you like. Here are a couple of my breakfast favorites:

-Whole wheat tortilla, two scrambled eggs (I ususally doctor mine up with seasonings, fresh peppers, onions, etc), sour cream, and salsa
    -Two hard boiled eggs, two slices of cinnamon swirl bread with butter, tablespoon of strawberry jam
    -Oatmeal with raisins

I hope this helps!
  • exdumpling
    exdumpling Posts: 3
    Options
    Here's my favorite super easy breakfast sandwich. It's filling, healthy, and takes me less than 2 minutes to make. Since you like breakfast sandwiches already, hopefully this will be a good alternative. I make this almost every day before work because it's so quick and easy. You just need a toaster, a microwave, and a ramekin (and some non-stick cooking spray unless you want to be scraping while washing dishes).

-2 slices of 45-calorie wheat bread
    -Approx 2-3 tbsp Southwestern style egg beaters (but you can use any kind you like)
    -1 slice 2% milk American cheese

Start the bread toasting, spray some non-stick spray (like Pam) in a ramekin about 2 1/2" in diameter, pour in the egg beaters (just enough to fill it to about 1/2" deep, which is about 2-3 tbsp), microwave for about 20 seconds until the eggs just start to cook, take it out and stir the eggs, microwave another 20 seconds or so until done, the toast will probably be done by then so just scoop the cooked egg on to the toast, add the cheese, and you have an egg and cheese sandwich!

About 160 calories total, plus you're getting calcium, protein, and fiber.

Hope you like it!