Star Trek

Options
Deltafliers
Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
I have injured my neck and have been stuck not moving while keeping my neck as straight as possible; while being stuck in a non-moving position, I have been watching Star Trek. I grew up watching these shows and loving them.

Now that I am older, I still love the shows )as yo can tell by my screen name), but I am finding some amusing trends in the shows. My favorite trend so far....

In the future, do you get a job if you are over-weight or obese, or do you think you get a transporter tummy tuck before taking a job.

(I so need to learn to proof-read before posting)

Replies

• renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mr. Scot and Kirk were allowed to let themselves go as the years went by, but Uhura managed to pull off a very curvy fan dance. I wonder if they look back in on Voyaguer whether we will see the same trend.
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    My hubby-to-be has got me watching Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. Great shows! I always thought they were for "nerds"....I guess I am one of them now. lol
    You made a good point....all of the crew is thin. A few of them might be a little plump (at least the men are), but not too much. I have yet to see a woman who is curvy, though. I wonder if it has something to do with their diet. I wonder if they try to eat too much if the computer denies them food. lol
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I suppose the replicators can make healthy low fat food in an instant so it is easy to watch your calories!!
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Pulling the nerd card…I imagine future food would be altered to taste like its bad for you, but be exactly what your body needs (via replicator or what have you) so no chunky butts in Starfleet!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Since all their food was replicated, I am sure the system had a method for leaving out the bad calories.. making a burger taste like a burger but have the nutrition of a plate of vegetables.
  • f1ctional
    Options
    I suppose the replicators can make healthy low fat food in an instant so it is easy to watch your calories!!

yea that! Your post went in as I was typing mine.. hehe
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Mr. Scot and Kirk were allowed to let themselves go as the years went by, but Uhura managed to pull off a very curvy fan dance. I wonder if they look back in on Voyaguer whether we will see the same trend.

ZeT6R.gif
  • viper_7
    viper_7 Posts: 14
    Options
    Seven of Nine was curvy - in all the right places!
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I always wonder what it is that happens in the future that makes those one piece outfits a practical clothing choice. They seem incredibly inconvenient.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hahaa, this is funny. Yes I will admit it, I am a die hard trekkie. I grew up watching Captain Kirk, Spoc and Dr. McCoy through the years, learned to love Voyager and Next Gen. But yes, Delta, you are so right, maybe the transformation takes place when Scotty beams you up? If thats the case, Scoty, can you take a little off the triceps, glutes, tummy and inner thighs, then... Beam Me Up!!!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options

Mine also.. lol

I also wonder if it had any affect on their bathroom usage... I don't think I've ever seen anyone have to use the restroom. All though they do take their showers..
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I always wonder what it is that happens in the future that makes those one piece outfits a practical clothing choice. They seem incredibly inconvenient.

And never any pockets. It makes no sense, I tell you!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Already said stuff about the replicators ... this is the best post ever!
  • f1ctional
    Options

Mine also.. lol

I also wonder if it had any affect on their bathroom usage... I don't think I've ever seen anyone have to use the restroom. All though they do take their showers..

haha true, I remember they referenced that in First Contact about them ever pee'ing
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    They are always working out too, playing sports or on a holodeck adventure.
  • gamehen2
    gamehen2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I just finished watching DS9 again.

The one major observation we noticed (aside from the awesome continuity!) is that Worf is NEVER right....ever! Poor dude gets shot down every time. He's such a failure. You can almost make a drinking game out of it. :laugh:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I know big Boobs are still important.. AKA Counselor Troy.... mmmmmm :)
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

Or you can have all the bad food you want and get it all transported out of your gut, leaving the salady bits behind?
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I just finished watching DS9 again.

The one major observation we noticed (aside from the awesome continuity!) is that Worf is NEVER right....ever! Poor dude gets shot down every time. He's such a failure. You can almost make a drinking game out of it. :laugh:

Thats funny, so very true, but funny. Poor Worf, one of my favoriate Next Gen characters. He and Deanna Troi
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    William T. Riker or Jonathan Frakes struggled to keep his weight under control during the series. Sometimes I thought he was struggling to suck his stomach in during certain scenes of the series. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to keep looking fit and thin in those uniforms.