How do you make your PB&J?

Options
Recently a trainer made the comment about how a PB&J was a good post workout snack. How do you make yours?

Replies

• msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    100% whole wheat bread, toasted, with natural creamy peanut butter and simply fruit spread. Now I kinda want one for dinner!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    A WWII vet friend of mine recently told me that PB&J and coffee used to be dinner more often than not during the war, I laughed and said that was dinner for me sometimes too.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on one slice, jam on the other, smack 'em together? :P

I do use whole wheat bread and homemade jam that I get from a local market, though.
  • capabledesire
    Options
    I do think it will be my dinner tonight too :)
  • ltollagson
    ltollagson Posts: 11
    Options
    Whole wheat bread, skippy natural peanut butter, Welch's reduced sugar jelly...mmmm! Or I make it like a grilled cheese, but with the pb & j instead of the cheese!
  • littlemoonsandy
    littlemoonsandy Posts: 1,930
    Options
    mmmmMMMmmmm PB&J has never sounded so goooooood:love:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Check out PB2...it is AMAZING!!! Plus only 45 cals/serving!! Check out bellplantation.com
    I am a SUPERFAN!! We use it not only to make PB&J sammies....but as an additive in recipes from chili to smoothies!!
    My hubby slaps some between crackers for an afternoon snack!
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy who put on a thick layer of butter - BEFORE he put on his thick layer of peanut butter and jam!! I was like - WTF?!
  • capabledesire
    Options
    Would that make it BPB OR BBP?
  • momma_a
    momma_a Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I make it with PB&J, duh.

I use Natural Jif & reduced sugar jelly. On white bread. To me, PB&Js are not to be messed with too much in terms of what to put on them.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I set a plate on my weigher, I set the bread on the plate, I set the scale to zero, I put the jelly on, I set the scale to zero, I put the peanut butter on, then I spread the jeppy and the peanut butter and eat it.