What I eat

Options
2»

Replies

• punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would definitely eat more fruits and veggies, leans meats like chicken breast and low sodium sliced turkey, beans, brown rice, plain Greek yogurt, plain oatmeal sweetened with banana or unsweetened applesauce. Less cheese and bacon. Also the artificial sweeteners in sugar-free drinks and foods are weight loss sabotagers,

feel free to browse through my diary for examples.
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    I would definitely eat more fruits and veggies, leans meats like chicken breast and low sodium sliced turkey, beans, brown rice, plain Greek yogurt, plain oatmeal sweetened with banana or unsweetened applesauce. Less cheese and bacon. Also the artificial sweeteners in sugar-free drinks and foods are weight loss sabotagers,

feel free to browse through my diary for examples.

thanks!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    seems you eat a lot of processed food . when im trying to lose weight seriously i eat six times a day..i try to limit my carbs to 25g a meal..if i go over its because im heading off to a big workout . more protein and lesson the carbs , that bagel you eat in the am isnt really the best example of a good carb. however if you really want one then eat half or buy the bagel thins which reduces the amount of calories and carbs but makes you feel like you are eating a whole bagel.

you really should eat more vegetables and fruit too.. instead of the snack crackers ect . i come from chocolataholic past and have weaned myself off of that stuff . my diet is so full of nutrients that i honestly rarely crave snacking and chocolate ..not to say i dont have my moments but they are very rare these days.. fats are good but try some healthy fats like olive oils, nuts, coconut oil for example ... above all drink alot of water too

i lost 80lbs doing all of this..constant re-evaluations of the diet and exercise are essential too.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    I only looked at a few days of your diary. I suggest eating more veggies and a little whole fruit. That may help make you stay stasified longer, and less likely to snack. And/or start reviewing fiber consumption.

My only issue is that I don't really eat when I'm hungry I eat when I'm bored which is all the time at work and veggies and fruits don't seem to fill me up at all. I can seriously eat a whole watermelon lol

Stop eating when you're bored then. Or accept slower loss.

lol easier said then done I managed to stop it to the point where it is healthier snacks but I still at a desk for basically 12 hours a day where I can't leave my desk other than to go to the bathroom or to eat my lunch which I also eat at my desk. It's not something that can happen over night really but I've never been one to eat when I'm hungry I always just eat at times of the day cause if I wait till I get a 'hungry feeling' I won't end up eating until like noon and that's it cause I really don't get that 'feeling' lol odd I don't know how else to phrase it

Healthier snacks? I wouldn't call skinny cow healthier. High carb snacks will just reinforce your habit of snacking all the time. Start bringing pre-measured amounts of real food for snacking to work. Like a ziplock bag of 1.5 ounces of almonds or something. Real food will fill you up more than sugary food. And try to eat both protein and veggies/fruits at every meal.

And you claim fruit doesn't fill you up? Haha. Try eating three apples.

I think skinny cow is healthier than my m&ms sharing size and king size take fives lol girls gotta have her chocolate. The whole three apples things is again difficult with my job cause I can't just sit there and munch on sticky apple slices all day the skinny cows are just four tiny pieces lol but thanks for the tips

If you "have to have chocolate" then get yourself a square of GOOD quality dark chocolate. No reason to eat junk chocolate. Get the real stuff that tastes awesome!

Nothing wrong with eating real bacon. Honestly would rather eat it then the science experiment that is most turkey "bacon".

Eat more vegetables and fruit. Nothing wrong with some cheese. Nuts are good as well.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    seems you eat a lot of processed food . when im trying to lose weight seriously i eat six times a day..i try to limit my carbs to 25g a meal..if i go over its because im heading off to a big workout . more protein and lesson the carbs

^^ good advice!
    , that bagel you eat in the am isnt really the best example of a good carb.

that's a pretty big understatement!! bagels are an example of an awful carb. Good carbs come from natural foods like veggies, not from foods like bread. That's not to say that you should never eat bread/bagels/pasta if you like them. But you should be aware that they're not truly "health food." They're simple carbs that that will spike your blood sugar unless you just worked out or will be working out soon.
    you really should eat more vegetables and fruit too.. instead of the snack crackers ect . i come from chocolataholic past and have weaned myself off of that stuff . my diet is so full of nutrients that i honestly rarely crave snacking and chocolate ..not to say i dont have my moments but they are very rare these days.. fats are good but try some healthy fats like olive oils, nuts, coconut oil for example ... above all drink alot of water too

That's also good advice. I love chocolate too and eat way too many chocolate covered almonds. However, if you're going to have a vice for snack food, chocolate is a better bet than pure processed carb junk like crackers. At least chocolate has health benefits. It's very high calorie, but it's also associated with lower blood pressure and has lots of nutrients plus antioxidants. Just make sure to track how much you eat if you're trying to lose weight.
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I too am a desk worker and I love a good chocolate fix in the afternoon. Try just snacking on a small piece or two of DARK chocolate. I used to keep a bag of the Intense Dark Ghiradelli singles at my desk - for one square it's only 55 cal, 5g fat, 3g sugar.