Ladies - panty lines and tight gym pants

Options
LiddyBit
LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
So, in case you ever wondered, most ballet dancers don't wear underwear when they're working out (i.e. dancing. Although they do wear personal undergarments when in costume, for obvious reasons.). It's really only been recently that I've started working out in a non-dance capacity and I had just been wearing thong underwear because I am completely horrified by the way my butt looks with panty lines. It's like they draw this line in the most unflattering part of my body that makes my hips look even wider than they already are, and they accentuate my saddlebags. In short, it is super unattractive. I'm used to looking pretty when I work out (again, dancing) so this is a problem for me.

I recently bought some supposed "no visible panty lines" hipster and bikini brief cut underwear but it STILL makes visible lines when I wear yoga pants or leggings. Working out in a thong is just not working out for me (pardon the pun). Especially in yoga or pilates classes. So, I have to resign myself to full-coverage underwear but does that mean I am doomed to visible panty lines and saddlebags that look like they could fit camping gear for a week?

How do you deal with this problem?
(Probably by being less of a paranoid spaz about it than me, ha!)

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I don't wear undies when I work out.
  • lisa_m
    lisa_m Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm commando when I run and work out. Just more comfortable that way and don't have to worry about wedgies :)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I wear undies. I am there to workout, and I don't give a hoot what I look like.
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    Most shorts and pants come with built in liners - no need for undies :)
  • LiddyBit
    Options
    I feel like for the kinds of workouts I do (mostly yoga and pilates, some lifting in a Body Pump class), I can't go commando. The yoga pants can ride up and camel toe is definitely the greater evil compared to panty lines! Also I am paranoid about my pants being too sheer in the butt when I bend and stretch.
  • LiddyBit
    Options
    Most shorts and pants come with built in liners - no need for undies :)

I have not found yoga pants, and I have looked, with built in liners or underwear type features.

I should add that I am not comfortable wearing shorts.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    anyone who'd care about seeing some panty lines at the gym probably isnt working out hard enough :laugh:

i dont even care about this type of stuff. i figure the gym is the one safe place (besides home) i can wear spandex and compression gear and not have to worry about what people think of my fat rolls, jiggle, panty lines, profuse sweating, etc.

i just want to get my workout on, not have to worry about what my body looks like while i'm doing it
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I wear whatever is comfortable. my pants/shorts/capris are never tight anyway. I don't like the constricted feeling. Frankly even if they were, I wouldn't really give a s**t. I'm there to work out and that's that. The only time I do care is when I'm going out. Try wearing undies with lace edges. Those work for me better than the ones sold as no-visible line panties.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Mesh shorts with spandex shorts built in. Works well when on the abductor machine and guys are looking at your crotch!
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I wear lace boyshorts
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't care about panty lines at the gym.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Crotchless edible undies.

Oh - wait - what sort of workouts are YOU talking about?
  • BeachBobbie
    BeachBobbie Posts: 46
    Options
    If you are comfortable without them, don't wear any! It's all about what works for you. I'm a panties kind of girl. I like something there to soak up some of the sweat...ew, I know. And thongs are just disgusting. They wipe your *kitten* and then put that funk in your vagina. YUCK! I don't care how hot they make my man,,,,,AIN'T WEARIN EM :p
  • thinnydiaries
    Options
    All of my running shorts have built in liners, so with those I don't wear anything. However, with my yoga pants and leggings, I wear boyshorts. I find the pantylines aren't as visible from those as they're right where your cheek line is anyway. If that makes sense, haha. :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    lol..People worry about panty lines at the gym? The last thing I worry about.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I need undies cause I get too sweaty. Me thinks it would be grosser to have a visibly sweaty crack than to have visible panty lines.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable without them, don't wear any! It's all about what works for you. I'm a panties kind of girl. I like something there to soak up some of the sweat...ew, I know. And thongs are just disgusting. They wipe your *kitten* and then put that funk in your vagina. YUCK! I don't care how hot they make my man,,,,,AIN'T WEARIN EM :p
    i wanted to mention the sweat factor as well :laugh: i sweat a lot when i workout and for that reason i also be careful of the color pants i wear otherwise i look like i've peed myself :embarassed:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I only wear thongs or go w/out at the gym or while running. I used to wear full coverage underwear and now I can't stand wearing them. And I like the no lines look.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I used to work at wal-mart and they have these awesome pantys. boy shorts that are spandes. I wear yoga pants all the time and I never see any panty lines

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Seamless-Boy-Short-Panties-4-Pack/19715138
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Panty lines don't bother me.

If you are worried about looking pretty while working out, then you are doing it wrong.