Ladies - panty lines and tight gym pants

Options

Replies

• Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If It makes you feel better I find panty lines pretty sexy.
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has a yoga boyshort and a yoga bikini...both of which I find really comfortable to workout in. My workouts are martial arts - so I'm in our uniform...so not sure if they pass the pantyline test...but I love them.
  • nmcavanaugh
    Options
    Most shorts and pants come with built in liners - no need for undies :)

I have not found yoga pants, and I have looked, with built in liners or underwear type features.

I should add that I am not comfortable wearing shorts.

Try danskin - I get a lot of my yoga pants from them and I'm pretty sure they have a liner. Also WAY cheaper than lululemon. Also I think most running tights have liners... I'm talking just cotton liner not a full lining of "underwear"
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Why are wanting to look nice and working out hard mutually exclusive? I object to the insinuation that I don't work hard enough if I care about what my butt looks like. My entire physical training up until recently has been constructed on the premise that the harder you work, the more effortless and beautiful you should make it look. I find it really hard to believe that someone as beautiful as any ballerina isn't working hard. So disabuse yourself right now of any notions that you can't work hard and be concerned with how you look.

Apparently you are quite conceited my dear.

When I am thrusting a 45 pound olympic bar in the air or running around the gym doing a circut with my trainer, the last thing I am concerned about it making it look effortless and beautiful.

This isn't some damn stage that you are dancing on.. it's a gym. People tend to look not so pretty or effortless in the gym.. it's a fact of life.
  • lion_queen
    lion_queen Posts: 37
    Options
    Ummm, thongs? I do anything in thongs. ;)

But, you know what, I usually workout in sweatpants+a tee (or just pants or shorts when I do it at home) that I was wearing a day before. Not too sexy, huh?
    Yeah, but gimme clean, nice clothes, shower, nice smelling gel and in a half a hour or less Ill look flawless.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I go commando personally. but I have an idea!

How about wearing shorts over your gym (yoga) pants? Might look better with legging style or running tights, not so much the flare bottom or boot cut ones. That way you can wear your comfy undies, prevent camel toe, and have no panty lines.
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thongs are best for workouts in my opinion, or no undies.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I wear undies. I am there to workout, and I don't give a hoot what I look like.

^^^This... I'm more worried about my workout and comfort of my clothes when I work out than I am about what other people's views look like. *Apologizes to my neighbors when I run outdoors.*
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    In a class, I don't worry about VPL... but the boy short type panites do make a difference! And, yes, I'll go with VPL over seeing camel toe ANY day.
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I always wear a thong and honestly I don't even feel it
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Panty lines all the way! sorry but I am not wearing a thong while I work out and I am not going without underwear. If someone does not like it don't look =)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Lace Boyshorts or lace thongs. those always work!
  • xbekkiex
    xbekkiex Posts: 30
    Options
    Why are wanting to look nice and working out hard mutually exclusive? I object to the insinuation that I don't work hard enough if I care about what my butt looks like. ....

I completely agree - I was laughed at when I put on my bootcamp outfit the first day and everything matched (grey and pink) and was told 'we hate people like you at the gym' by another lady I work with. Why is it so wrong to want to be coordinated? I hate panty lines regardless of what I'm wearing, gym clothes are no exception - I'm bulky enough without the added lines (not saying you are - just personal experience) and typically just go without, though I've been finding I sweat a lot and it's pretty gross so I would like to find a non-thong alternative - I don't mind thongs in regular use, but for working out I can't see them being at all comfortable or really helping with the sweat issue. Might try some boy-cut shorts!
  • Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Dang... I love some VPL!!!! I think that would be my preference over seeing someone bend over in what they think are black workout pants (cheap varieities) and see their thong and much buttcheek.

Seriously though, I find that a very sexy thing on a woman.... I'm a complete freak :devil:
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I wear a running skort, lycra shorts with a skirt over hides up anything and everything, comfy and no undies......
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i work out at home, so i don't care about panty lines. but still, i'm commando during workouts. it's just so much more comfortable that way.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    anyone who'd care about seeing some panty lines at the gym probably isnt working out hard enough :laugh:

This X 100

Wrong.

Also, for me it's not so much about "omg she's wearing underwear" as it is the way it accentuates unflattering body angles.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Why are wanting to look nice and working out hard mutually exclusive? I object to the insinuation that I don't work hard enough if I care about what my butt looks like. My entire physical training up until recently has been constructed on the premise that the harder you work, the more effortless and beautiful you should make it look. I find it really hard to believe that someone as beautiful as any ballerina isn't working hard. So disabuse yourself right now of any notions that you can't work hard and be concerned with how you look.

Apparently you are quite conceited my dear.

When I am thrusting a 45 pound olympic bar in the air or running around the gym doing a circut with my trainer, the last thing I am concerned about it making it look effortless and beautiful.

This isn't some damn stage that you are dancing on.. it's a gym. People tend to look not so pretty or effortless in the gym.. it's a fact of life.

Well said.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Try this website:

http://www.bodsana.com/
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    I recently heard about Camelflage undies. For prevention of cameltoe, lol! Quite pricy though.