Tierd Everyday all day..

Options
I am back at this and I noticed again that this time around after a few weeks I start to get so tierd and have no energy to even listen to that skinny voice inside my head saying get up!!!!
I uped my calorie intake thinking maybe lack of calories and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? What was your success when you added more calories?

Replies

• mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    I have this whether or not I exercise. Upping calories did not help at all. Went to the docs this week to get some blood work done...you may want to consider that if upping calories alone does not help :)
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Get a full blood panel done at by your doctor if you can. They can check for all kids of things. I was so fatigued I really thought something was wrong.
    Turned out I had very low Vitamin D. I've been taking a supplement daily and it has made a world of difference. Good luck!
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Do you get enough protein and iron? If you open up your diary then we may be able to help more. Keep in mind, it's not just the quantity of calories, but also the quality of them.

Blood work wouldn't hurt too. I was there once and it turned out I was anemic. I thought I was just tired from working full time and going to school full time!
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I cant see your diary but Maybe its the foods that you are choosing. Grains and sugars make me very sleepy and lazy. also alcohol and not enough water.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are over-training?
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    And are you sleeping ok? Probably remote, but some people suffer from sleep apnea which causes them to be tired a lot.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I cant see your diary but Maybe its the foods that you are choosing. Grains and sugars make me very sleepy and lazy. also alcohol and not enough water.

Agree! Make sure they are whole grains if you need them, and sugar actually will pull you down.
    2 years ago I was diagnosed with hypersomnia. Basically, my brain does not recognize that I have had adequate sleep...so I am always tired! Since cutting out sugar, I haven t had to take as much medicine...it's great!
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Have your IRON checked that is what was causing mine - even though I was taking 400% of my daily allowance in a tablet my body wasn't absorbing that brand and had to switch.
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    ARe you sleeping enough?
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I feel tired when it is cold outside. I don't want to go out and do anything, just sit around all day feeling cold.

When a sunny warm day comes along, I'm all energy!
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    you may not have bumped your calories enough. stay away from processed foods
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Get blood work done. If that is normal I would guess a macro is lacking in your diet. Probably protein.
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Get a full blood panel done at by your doctor if you can. They can check for all kids of things. I was so fatigued I really thought something was wrong.
    Turned out I had very low Vitamin D. I've been taking a supplement daily and it has made a world of difference. Good luck!

This was me too! I have been fine since being on weekly perscription supplement and getting my numbers up to normal. Good luck!
  • Shadom
    Shadom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. Get your blood work done and also check your sleep pattern. It is possible that you are not getting enough sleep or that the quality of sleep is poor. take a good multivitamin also. My problem was that I was not getting enough sleep and the quality was poor. Hope that helps.