Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HRM weird readings

Hi,
Every once in a while I will check my HRM after a work out and it will say that my max hr went over 200. I don't feel that it did, I would think that would be noticeable, wouldn't it.... ?

Is it the transmitter goofing up or picking up someone else's numbers? Has anyone experienced this before?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Well, my HR did go over 200 during my first 5K, mostly because of the heat. If it's hot out, my HR will be 7 to 10 bpm higher than under normal circumstances. Could I tell it was that high? No...it felt comparable to a HR of the low 190s that I hit sometimes. So, it is possible yours went that high briefly. The only issue I've had with a malfunction is the HR not registering, and it warns you of that. I have no idea if you could pick up someone else's if you were in close proximity.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    I've had mine go over 200 several times. Pretty sure one of the time was running up a very steep hill and the other was my sprint to the finish line of a half marathon. I definitely felt I was close to that both of those times! :tongue:
  • Wmn1120
    Wmn1120 Posts: 14
    I guess what i should have said is that i wasn't working that hard for it to be that high. no palpataions either.... so i am just curious if its the strap or what. idk.. freaks me out everytime! LOL
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    My HRM will sometimes show 200 for a few seconds, and also down to like 70s when I know I'm in my regular running zone of about 150- sometimes it has just gottten too sweaty and I need to wipe off the censor or readjust and it usually goes back to normal.