Preferred treadmills

HELP!!!!

Ok...this is to all of you true runners. My husband and I had a Horizon Treadmill bought from a local sporting goods store. It lasted 4 years and for as much as we run, we felt that was a pretty good life span. However, when the service technician came out to quote me a repair cost he said the machine isn't worth it and recommended, based on how much we run, that we look at a Landice or Bodyguard...the professional brands. The problem is that the professional brands start at $3500...the ones that would be the best fit for us anyway. My husband doesn't want to spend that kind of money on a treadmill as he feels they are like computers, a new one with new gadgets comes out every few years and he likes the thought of upgrading. I would rather just buy one that I know has a lifetime warranty and will be with us for a long time. In any event, we can't come to terms and I have been without a treadmill for 5 weeks now. I am having a hard time running outside 6 days a week (what I used to get in) due to 3 children with demanding spring sports' schedules and a kindergartner at home 2 1/2 days a week. I am about to give in and go buy the SOLE 80 from D i c k s Sporting Goods store just so I can get a treadmill back in the house and get back to running daily.

Does anyone have a Sole 80 treadmill....or a Sole in general. I know they have some mixed reviews but they aren't very expensive (at least not compared to professional brands) and they have a warranty for 3 years. HOw about a Landice or Bodyguard? Anyone have one of those? I really need some help here...I am going crazy and will probably start hitting the streets looking for a treadmill fix! hehehehehe

Replies

• buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    HELP!!!!

Ok...this is to all of you true runners. My husband and I had a Horizon Treadmill bought from a local sporting goods store. It lasted 4 years and for as much as we run, we felt that was a pretty good life span. However, when the service technician came out to quote me a repair cost he said the machine isn't worth it and recommended, based on how much we run, that we look at a Landice or Bodyguard...the professional brands. The problem is that the professional brands start at $3500...the ones that would be the best fit for us anyway. My husband doesn't want to spend that kind of money on a treadmill as he feels they are like computers, a new one with new gadgets comes out every few years and he likes the thought of upgrading. I would rather just buy one that I know has a lifetime warranty and will be with us for a long time. In any event, we can't come to terms and I have been without a treadmill for 5 weeks now. I am having a hard time running outside 6 days a week (what I used to get in) due to 3 children with demanding spring sports' schedules and a kindergartner at home 2 1/2 days a week. I am about to give in and go buy the SOLE 80 from D i c k s Sporting Goods store just so I can get a treadmill back in the house and get back to running daily.

Does anyone have a Sole 80 treadmill....or a Sole in general. I know they have some mixed reviews but they aren't very expensive (at least not compared to professional brands) and they have a warranty for 3 years. HOw about a Landice or Bodyguard? Anyone have one of those? I really need some help here...I am going crazy and will probably start hitting the streets looking for a treadmill fix! hehehehehe
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    We did a lot of research a couple of years ago, and ended up with a Smooth Fitness 6.25 - my husband and I both run and it has worked well for us. My husband is 6'1" and weighs about 200 lbs and he runs frequently on it (I prefer to run outside, but use it when I need to). We used to have a healthrider treadmill and when he tried to run on it he broke the deck - no problems like that with this one.

There is a website out there called www.treadmilldoctor.com that can be useful, I think that one of their sponsors is Sole, so they will "push" that one.

Good luck - and keep on running!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Absolutely love my TRUE treadmill. I think they start at about $2000. But the base model is good enough. It's super quiet and fairly soft. We've had it about 3 years.
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    thanks for the responses on the treadmills. I think we are going tonight to look again.