A big victory for me!

Options
It's not too much of a detailed or flabbergasting story, or picture after picture of me losing a bazillion pounds....But for the first time in my 6 1/2 year career in the military, when I weighed in for my fitness today, I was in weight standards! I didn't have to get taped or bady fat % tested or anything! I was just inside weight standards! This is a huge victory for me, and I have a new found sense of actually acomplishing something. I've gone from 242lbs to 197lbs since last March and I feel Amazing!

Replies

• Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Great job! Congrats man!
  • ferry_rider27
    Options
    Way to go! That is a victory!!! Congrats.
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! CONGRATS!!! :happy:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! And I imagine that's a big relief to you as well !
  • sullymanjohn
    sullymanjohn Posts: 101
    Options
    It really is a huge relief. That means I can stop cutting for a bit and put on some muscle :P
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats John! All the sacrifice has paid off and now you can focus on muscle building! Good luck!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I only passed one weigh in without rope and choke and that was in MEPS. I am currently 13 pounds lighter than when I joined the military, I'm out now. It's a big deal and well done for doing it right.
  • sullymanjohn
    Options
    You know it really is a great feeling. Especially with me on my way out of the military, it feels good to know that I might actually leave in better shape than when I joined (I'm sure as you know, not a lot really do...)
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Thank you for your service!
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and thanks for your service! :flowerforyou:
  • sullymanjohn
    Options
    thanks guys. I appreciate the support!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Brilliant
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!