no motivation

Options
So I started back on my diet on Monday and have been eating really good and staying in my calorie range. But I have NO motivation to work out. I will tell myself when I get off I will either go to the gym or go do my 30d shred but its like as soon as I get in my car I get tired and just wanna go home and sit in front of the TV. I wanna wake up in the morning to do work out but I am NOT a morning person so by the time I get out of bed I have enough time to do about 100 jumping jacks some squats and crunches and I am rushing to get ready. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to get myself motivated?

Replies

• cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I would suggest reassessing what your goals are and WHY you want to achieve those goals. What I did was I wrote out a clear defined goal and then I wrote down all the reasons WHY I wanted to achieve that goal. Then I made a little pyramid and at the top I put what my ultimate goal was and starting at the bottom I put all the little goals that will eventually get me to my ultimate goal. I even have "rewards" for each of those goals. For instance on the bottom of my pyramid I have that I want to lose 2 pounds a week and if I make that goal I get $5. (We have 3 kids so my rewards aren't huge. lol) But to me that's an extra coffee or makeup or something. So when I have those little goals it helps me motivate myself to workout so I can reach those goals. When I'm having a tough day and don't want to exercise or I want to eat badly I just remind myself of all my goals and WHY I want them. And if I have to I will literally pep talk myself through my workout. Anyways, I hope that gives you some ideas. Good luck and remember you CAN do this. You just have to be determined to not let anything stand in your way. :)
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just had a day like that today. Didn't want to go to the gym. But what I know is, I'm going to feel better when i get done, and it makes it one step closer to my goal. Take the body and the mind will follow.

My advice is, if your not motivate to work out, find classes at your gym. People tend to be much more committed to exersize when they know they are going to meet up with their friends. You will make new friends that are on the same path as you.

Get a personal trainer. People also tend to show up if their money is on the line.

Get a workout buddy. Some one who is at least or more committed to getting healthy.

You can do this. How bad do you want it?

Good luck
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within. The greatest challenge on your journey is the mental one.

You're here because you know what you want. Now realize what you need to do to. See the choices. MAKE the choices. ACT upon the choices that get you where you want to be. Remember, making the choice means nothing unless you act upon it.

Good luck with your journey
  • nattielove
    nattielove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    find a buddy! if you have to meet up to work out, then you'll go. you don't even have to work out together. i go to the gym with my friends and we commit to stay there for an hour. then we leave together.