If you lost the weight, would you get a tummy tuck?

Options
If you lost all the weight you needed to, and had skin hanging on your stomach, would you get a tummy tuck? One of my biggest fears is that after my weight loss, I will have loose skin. Not sure if I would get a tummy tuck though. I am chicken. LOL

Replies

• fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I sure would! Hubby bought himself a motorcycle and I will be buying myself a tummy tuck if need be.
  • kmpawley
    kmpawley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will if I need one.
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think I would. My stomach area really bothers me.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how bad the skin is. I am definately going to the medical spa to get my stretch marks taken care of though!
  • darjeff
    darjeff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely would if I won the lottery! That's the only way I could afford it! $$$$
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I have a special savings account just for that!
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Plans are already in the mix for a tummy tuck.

My reward for losing weight, according to my husband...

A breast lift (I've been DYING for a reduction from my horrid Fs since I hit puberty! now they are shrinking so I need a lift!)
    A tummy tuck (next year's tax return)
    $1500 for new clothes (I don't think I'll need even 1/3 of that, might spend the rest on a tattoo :)
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I always assumed I would later on if my skin was that loose, but now that I have seen some after pictures I'm not so sure. My highest weight was only 50 pounds higher then my goal, so I wouldn't have as much extra as others and I guess that makes a difference in the answers here as well. I only think I will have a little strategy skin because of my c-section 3 years ago.

I don't feel the need to wear a bikini, so as long as I look good in clothes I think I will be good... But still not a definite...
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'd just stay fat enough it wouldn't be as noticeable.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I wouldn't want too.. I'm doing a LOT of tummy exercising to tighten it up.. but I don't have too much weight to lose.. I don't really 'agree' with plastic surgery either.. just not something I would do. If I had to lose a lot more weight and I had that problem and I could afford it, I would consider it..
  • schalka
    schalka Posts: 57
    Options
    Im not sure but I dont think so unless it was crazy horrible. i think i would be too chicken because its real surgery which ive never had. i am worried about having loose belly skin after i lose all my weight from having kids but im trying to do other things...moisturize alot, exfoliate all skin with baiden cloth and try to have all blood circulation going....hopefully my body fixes itself enough i wont care about a little skin
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Most definitely in the plans. Already priced out a "Mommy Makeover" and started a savings account for it!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some extra skin removed from both my stomach and upper (inner) thighs...they are the worst and most noticeable when it comes to where all my extra skin is and I'm constantly complaining about it. My DH wants me to get it done, but I can't justify spending that amount of money on me....so we'll see.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 kids. I don't have much weight to lose, but I can already see hanging skin. I would definitely get one if I could afford it. Get the girls done too! LOL!
  • Nickusafgermany
    Options
    Yes, I didnt need a tummy tuck at all but I had my boobs done!
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting one in the next year... ;) I have had 2 c-sections and after I reach my goal I will be close to 100 lbs lost. This tummy is gonna need some major tucking! ;)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lbs (beginning 152lbs) and had my Tummy Tuck. It was the best decision I've made. It even inspired me to continue my weight loss journey and I've lost a total of 32lbs...
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lbs (beginning 152lbs) and had my Tummy Tuck. It was the best decision I've made. It even inspired me to continue my weight loss journey and I've lost a total of 32lbs...

Was it really painful afterwards?
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nope. Doctor said it would tighten up and it has. Still has some tightening to do but it's getting better. : )
    Hey, if you're younger than me give it some time before you make a decision!