HRM weird readings

Options
Hi,
Every once in a while I will check my HRM after a work out and it will say that my max hr went over 200. I don't feel that it did, I would think that would be noticeable, wouldn't it.... ?

Is it the transmitter goofing up or picking up someone else's numbers? Has anyone experienced this before?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Well, my HR did go over 200 during my first 5K, mostly because of the heat. If it's hot out, my HR will be 7 to 10 bpm higher than under normal circumstances. Could I tell it was that high? No...it felt comparable to a HR of the low 190s that I hit sometimes. So, it is possible yours went that high briefly. The only issue I've had with a malfunction is the HR not registering, and it warns you of that. I have no idea if you could pick up someone else's if you were in close proximity.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I've had mine go over 200 several times. Pretty sure one of the time was running up a very steep hill and the other was my sprint to the finish line of a half marathon. I definitely felt I was close to that both of those times! :tongue:
  • Wmn1120
    Wmn1120 Posts: 14
    Options
    I guess what i should have said is that i wasn't working that hard for it to be that high. no palpataions either.... so i am just curious if its the strap or what. idk.. freaks me out everytime! LOL
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My HRM will sometimes show 200 for a few seconds, and also down to like 70s when I know I'm in my regular running zone of about 150- sometimes it has just gottten too sweaty and I need to wipe off the censor or readjust and it usually goes back to normal.