Any nurses out there?

Options
frazzle29
frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
Would anyone in the medical field be able to tell me why sometimes I have seizures if I have too much protein and not enough carbs? I've had seizures for as long as I can remember but now it seems to be related to eating protein. Now I thought protein was good for me. ANd the frustrating thing is it doesn't happen all the time. Any comments?

Replies

• rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Would anyone in the medical field be able to tell me why sometimes I have seizures if I have too much protein and not enough carbs? I've had seizures for as long as I can remember but now it seems to be related to eating protein. Now I thought protein was good for me. ANd the frustrating thing is it doesn't happen all the time. Any comments?

see a doctor. There are some links of seizures to excess protein especially if dehydrated. But stop fooling around asking for inexpert advice about a life threatening issue. GO SEE A DOCTOR.
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just want some opinions. I can't afford a doctor
  • mommakuhn
    mommakuhn Posts: 2
    Options
    You need some labs drawn and interventions greater then words can give. You may need some medication. I understand not having money but an office visit vs hospital stay and possible brain damage is more costly. I say these words out of kindness and compassion. God Bless you.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    you can't afford being dead, either. Hospitals (at least in the US) have to treat you in the ER if you have life threatening issue and seizures are life threatening. Plus, most hospitals have processes to offset costs for patients who can't pay. AND if you can't pay, it's probably covered by medicare/medicaid.

Seriously, seizures are extremely dangerous and going untreated is a good path to the other side.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I hope you can get it sorted. It must be extremely worrying for you and I echo what everybody else has said.
    Take care x