Body Bug vs HRM

Options
Anyone have any advice on what they prefer. I have a friend that's looking and I thought i would get some opinions. I've seen quite a bit of info on the HRM but not much on here on Body Bug. I have a fitbit that i absolutely love but she had one that didn't work so she wants something different. Any info would help. Thanks so much. :)

Replies

• BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have the body media fit (same thing as the body bug) it provides a LOT more information but oddly not heart rate. I really enjoy the body media fit with all the data it provides. As for the heart rate monitoring the only time check my heart rate is when I am doing cardio and there are a few APP's for iPhone and Android that will actually take your heart rate using the camera. You can always get it using your pulse too. I owned a heart rate monitor in the past and used it to make sure I was keeping in the correct heart rate zone when doing cardio but it didn't provide me with the calorie burn informaiton and steps taken, ect.
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    HRM polar ft4 just got it a week ago n I love it an its easy to use it shows how long u exercised. ur heart rate an cals burned love it:happy:
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Can't say this enough. Get a Digifit setup. Hands down the best product on the market for exercise.
  • mdailey93
    mdailey93 Posts: 95
    Options
    I have a Body Media Fit Link, and I absolutely love it. I've never owned an HRM though, so I can't really compare.
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    I got a HRM for my birthday recently and I absolutely love it. Very helpful for keeping your heart rate in the "fat burning zone" and it is far more accurate than MFP or the cardio machines at the gym at estimating calorie consumption.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have the BMF (same company, same machine essentially as bodybugg, just different label since it's not sold by a gym) and I also have a HRM. I use the BMF for my daily everything, but I use the HRM to know what I burn while working out. The HRM is inaccurate for sedentary lives/every day wear and the BMF can be inaccurate for intense workouts. :)
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your answers. Very much appreciated.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg. Love it. Love that u can set it to record cals burnt or steps taken running around, grocery store, library,target,etc. I like to see how many cals burnt so u know what to eat through out the day. Get the digital display, it's too handy! But there doesn't seem to be too many people that have them on Mfp. BB website sucks !