Hello everyone! Mom of three here to lose the weight!

I just found this site and am so excited to get started. Went grocery shopping today and I am all set. I am a mom to three kids ages 7, 4 and 2. Before having kids I was always thin and never had to worry about my weight. Now I have 42 lbs to lose...ugh! I have tried the low carb diet but my cravings get really bad and I can never stick with it. I think the bottom line is how much I put in my mouth. I thought about weight watchers but it's too expensive for me. August is my 15th wedding anniversary and would like to be much smaller than I am now. :) I welcome any tips and advice.

Replies

• BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    First off welcome and congratulations on starting the journey to a healthier you! I have chosen to make my life healthier, not diet, but make healthy choices. Eating vegetables, fruit, whole grains and of course portion sizes make a huge difference. I also do yoga, walk, and do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video all at home. MFP has helped me track my food calories, sugar, carbs, in, etc. But the biggest help I have found is having supportive friends!! Please feel free to add me and good luck with your healthy journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • same here:happy:
    i am also new and a mother of 3, ages 7,3 & 6 months
    need to loose 50-60lbs and 3 down lol.....
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    I just started on Monday but am loving this site....finding that tracking what I eat is really motivating for me. My son is 7 and I never lost baby weight....gained more actually. Feeling inspired and loving the support the site gives. Feel free to add me if your looking for friends to support you...im certainly open to any extra help myself! Good luck :smile:
  • Today is my first day.Mother of two and a wonderful wife :-) Ready for a change in my life. I have a long way to go but I can definitely make it. Life is short. I'm ready to live it to the fullest! I'm here if you ever need some encouragement. Nothing wrong with meeting a new friend.
  • buzymamagoals
    buzymamagoals Posts: 44 Member
    I'm a mom of 3 as well, my lil ones are 4, 2 and 7 months. I have A LOT of weight to lose, but one day and one step at a time. Add me if you want.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Welcome! I'm a mom of 3 as well- 7,4,4 (no, not twins..only 9 months apart).
  • jandashl
    jandashl Posts: 7
    I am also a mom of 3, 5, 3 and 19 mos. I gave myself the goal of about 80lbs to lose. Right now I am focusing on 2 pounds a week and have lost 10 since I started a month ago. My cousin got me on this site about 10 days ago and I am loving it. I never lost any of the baby weight between my kids. I lost about 15 before I got pregnant with my 3rd but that went out the window. My 10yr high school reunion is in September and I am hoping to have lost at least 30lbs by then. I know it's not going to be easy but definitely worth it! Good luck and welcome!
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Welcome! My three are 12, 9, and 7. Life can be so busy sometimes, it is hard for me to make the right food choices. I don't tend to eat a lot of fast food, but in a rush I grab for carbs and fat and we all know what road that leads to! Feels good to be here and getting back on track.

Yeah for all the mamas who are taking care of themselves!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    I am a mother of three, also. My kids are 7,4, and 5 months. My goal is to lose 43 pounds. I lost 38 pounds and then got pregnant, so here I am again and have lost 17 pounds, so far.
  • cheynbrian
    cheynbrian Posts: 16 Member
    yep in the same boat! :) ive been here for about two weeks and its amazing!! :) im a mom of four kids 12,8,6, and 21 months!! its crazy!! :)
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    Yayyy!!! Welcome! You are on the right track! I love this site. I joined last May. I find it is a great way to exchange ideas on weight-loss and motivation. Reading the success stories is inspiring and to be able to communicate with people that I can relate to and have all of these weight issues in common is great. It's really encouraging to have such a network. I am a mom of two girls, 7 and 10. I do all of my workouts from home, with or without my children and dog. I do cardio and strength-training in my home or backyard, depending on the weather. I live in the country, so the nearest gym is a 20 minute drive, I prefer knowing I can depend on myself for a good workout and not have the excuse of not being able to make it to the gym. You can add me as a friend if you like! Have a fantastic journey, stay motivated and you will accomplish your goals! That's what I keep telling myself! :happy: javascript:add_smiley('happy','post_body')
  • jmmoiadams
    jmmoiadams Posts: 5
    you can do it. i also am a mother of 3 . they are 11, 10 and 7. i started at 275 lbs i am now 199lbs 76 lbs down and like 56 more to go. i watch calories and walk and sometimes throw in other wii exercises. just dont get discouraged when u go through a low. have faith u can do it
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Mom of two here...ages 5 and 2. Good luck with everything and MFP is a great help!!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Welcome! mom of 3 here. ages 5, 4 & 4 months. I'm close to my goal feel free to befriend me.
  • anakippel
    anakippel Posts: 1
    OMG! we have the same life! i have 3 kids too, all boys, 10, 6, 4.....i used to be skinny, fit and now need to lose 40 pds...
    i used to be able to eat anything! i will be married 13 yrs in august! good luck to you! YOu can do it!! keep me posted!!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Mom of two here...ages 5 and 2. Good luck with everything and MFP is a great help!!

wow six pack alert! nice work!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Wow! Our stats are so similar! My kids are 7,5, and 2 in two months! I'm looking to lose 60lbs! You all can add me if you like! You will do great!
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    You found the right place. MFP help me finaly get rid of the weight. My youngest just turned 9 and my kid never saw me
    under 200lb - until I joinged MFP. I wished I did this a long time ago-it feels great to be healthy. People are coming up
    to me and telling me that I have inspired them. Who would of thought that would have ever happen, Stay honest and be
    prepared with food that makes it easier for you to make up quick meals. I even purchased a food scale and a HR montior.
    Having the tools made it alot easier.
  • Went to the heart doctor today. Lost 25 lbs in 2 months and 5 inches around the waist. He was very happy. Diet and exercise!
  • Hello everyone, NJ mom of 3 here (9yrs, 5yrs & 21mths)... I have been trying to eat healthier & go to the gym 3x per week... but the scale isn't budging (and I have a chocolate addiction), enough excuses, I need to step it up!!! Hopefully the support from MFP friends will help alot :0)