BEFORE AND AFTER bellydancing pix

Options
sleepytexan
sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
These are not as dramatic as many pix posted here, but just to point out how 12 lbs. can make a difference, here's an example.

about 142 lbs.:

fatbellydancer.jpg

about 130 lbs:

septwhitecostume.jpg

BTW, how do you make pix side by side? I can't figure that out on either iphoto or photobucket!

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!!
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a difference in your abdomen. Did you lose the 12 pounds entirely from belly dancing?
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Wow
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    There's definitely a difference in your abdomen. Did you lose the 12 pounds entirely from belly dancing?

no, actually, i lost it by increasing my calories. the long story its on my profile.
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look hot!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    nice
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I hope I look as good as you when I reach my goal. I will have lost only 10lb when I get there but already -4 has made a difference.

About the pics; I use photoscape to make pics side by side. Its free to download, once you have it click on "page" then drag and drop the pictures you want into the boxes. Save and upload the finished pics to photobucket.

Edit: Spelling
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    thank you so much!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    How cool! Great job.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic in both, but there is definitely a difference. Great smile in the after photo!
  • EvaHayden
    EvaHayden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have started bellydancing again :) I did it when I was little. you look great btw :)
  • vanessalouisep
    Options
    Goreous! You can realy see the difference, you look amazing xx
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    These are not as dramatic as many pix posted here, but just to point out how 12 lbs. can make a difference, here's an example.

about 142 lbs.:

fatbellydancer.jpg

about 130 lbs:

septwhitecostume.jpg

BTW, how do you make pix side by side? I can't figure that out on either iphoto or photobucket!

Holy Crow you look AH-MAZING!!! do you dance professionally? I would totally take a belly dancing class/buy dvd if it would make me look like you!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Is belly dancing the only "ab work" you did? You look great
  • sleepytexan
    Options

Holy Crow you look AH-MAZING!!! do you dance professionally? I would totally take a belly dancing class/buy dvd if it would make me look like you!

Thank you so much! I recently stopped dancing professionally after a ski accident in February. Getting a bit too old for it too, I think, but who knows what the future holds!
  • SusanDDuncan1
    Options
    You look amazing!! I definitely want to understand this increased calorie deal, since I am just starting out. I'm not sure if I can see your profile page story ( again I'm new), so if not I will friend you. Thank you for the motivation!!!
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    OMG! awesome! I am about to order a belly dancing dvd! you look fabulous!
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Is belly dancing the only "ab work" you did? You look great

Hi, thank you for the kind words.

At the times both of those photos were taken, I was working out THE SAME, about 13.5 hrs/week cardio: dance, spin, cycling, and paddleboarding. I did not change any exercise to lose weight, I just learned that I had been eating too little -- I had been slowly gaining weight for years despite working out and keeping to WW minimum points. Once I learned about tracking calories and eating not less than BMR, I lost it. You can see the long version of this story on my profile.

I had a ski accident in early Feb and after about 6 weeks of recovery, I have changed my workouts to about 4-6 hours/week cardio and 2 hrs heavy lifting. I have gained 3 lbs. so far, but staying in the same size clothes and I am pleased with my new muscle definition; especially on my back.

I have just started dancing again (some bellydance and ballroom) 2 weeks ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!