New and need guidance!

Options
Hi

My name is Meagan and I am currently on the Medifast weight loss program. I plan to stick it out to get my money's worth (another 4 weeks) then maintenance. However after that I need to find a longterm way to lose more weight and keep it off.

I am the type of person who needs guidance and direction and to be told how to eat, how to exercise and I need BIG motivation!!

Before starting Medifast I weighed 160lbs. I now weigh 148lbs and ideally I'd like to be at the most 130lbs.

I have a lot of flabbiness from my pregnancy (son is 14 months old) so I definitely need to exercise and tone.

I would really appreciate success stories, brief explanations of what you eat, how much of it you eat and how often you exercise.

I really dislike exercise but I do know this is a big part of the success I want.

So please contact me!!! Please guide me!!! I need you guys!!!

Replies

• lacielu0112
    Options
    Well MFP isn't necessarily the place where people will tell you what to eat or how to exercise -but what you will get is access to your friends diaries and their support. With access to the diaries you can find things that you like and try to fit them into your diet. The support helps to keep you motivated.

If you have a good support network of friends, you'll have people encouraging you when you do well, and then also when you aren't doing so well - and sometimes that accountability is what helps to stay motivated.

Another thing that might help motivate you is the fact that a) there are many people out there that have SOOOO much further than you to go (I have 80 lbs to lose) and b) maybe posting a "fat" photo of yourself somewhere that you see often so that you can remember where you don't want to be. (Unfortunately for me, I hid, so I don't have any of those)

Good luck and be confident that this is a GREAT place to be for losing weight the healthy, successful way.

Lacie
  • grammatj8
    grammatj8 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I have been trying to lose 30 pounds for some time now. I am over 50 and would like to keep healthy.
  • S020860G
    S020860G Posts: 2
    Options
    I too need motivation and am so fortunate that my employer offers wellness classes and I am currently in one of those classes. I have tried it all, but always gained the weight back. It wasn't until I heard it from the nutritionist in the class that it truly is a life style change and not a diet. MFP has helped me tremendously. Keeping the diary and making me mentally alert of what I am eatinghas helped me in more ways than I can count. I am now aware of what I am eating and think about it before I eat. If you can get into an exercise class, it will help so much. We are broken up into teams and we earn points so it's sort of a competition which makes it fun because I too do not like to exercise, but after I do I am so glad I did and I am encouraged knowing my team needs me to work hard to keep going. Good luck!!
  • meags1985
    meags1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you for the replies!!!

My profile picture is my fat photo. I am so out of proportion and flabby.

Thanks for the tip to read other diaries! Nice to get ideas of what I can eat :)
  • valeriehope
    valeriehope Posts: 19
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Everyone can use a little more support
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    No, you really don't need someone to tell you what to eat, etc... It's just easier for you that way.

Take control of yourself and your life and just do it. Don't be on a diet, just live a healthy, happy lifestyle.