Fitbit

Options
I broke my Fitbit last fall and I plan to stop at Best Buy tomorrow and pick a new one up. My question is does MFP link to the free site or do you have to purchase the premium plan?

Replies

• Antjebeth08
    Antjebeth08 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Linking is free and I love it.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I really loved mine just never got around to replacing it.
    I am on a mission. I called my local Best Buy and they are in stock so I am stopping after work. [:)]
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a 'fitbit'?
  • bobbie1963
    bobbie1963 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I got one a couple of weeks ago, I'm still not use to it, but it is something like a pedometer, it plugs into your computer, does the steps, calories,stairs, does sleep, i never got that to work., its suppots to track better than a pedometer,I still don't know all about it.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It links for free.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit! Linking is free.

http://www.fitbit.com/

My profile: http://www.fitbit.com/user/22HTZ2
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Its af step counter that also pays attention to hills. Love it, it links w MFP for free, I just wish it just logged steps, not combining step calories with your BMR. Some times you just want to know what the extra is by itself.
  • Brdrclymom
    Brdrclymom Posts: 13
    Options
    My sister has one and loves it. When I started to have to track my steps, I bought a cheap pedometer at wally world, it kept resetting on its own or whenever I would drop it. I finally dug in and bought a FITBIT, I ordered it from a vendor on Amazon (they are a little cheaper there), but the vendor I bought from sold me a broken used one. He reordered me one directly from Amazon. I LOVE it!! I love that it syncs to my computer and links to MFP. I have been diagnosed by a doctor with sleep apnea, so this tracks when I wake up. To track sleep, when you are ready to fall asleep, you push the button and hold it until the stopwatch flashes, when you wake up you push and hold it again until you get the STOP signal. It knows you were sleeping because of the low steps count. Good Luck!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Love love love mine. Every now and then there is a glitch but I go to the home page and re-download it and it gets to going again. :)
    I do not use it for sleep. Bought in April for 89.00 at Target. They are not on sale very often.