WII Fit (not sure you have it in USA) Anyone using this?

Options
2»

Replies

• KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I like wii fit but I hate all the lag time between each activity. I usually turn on music and jimp around in between to keep my heart rate up.
  • suemorgan1969
    suemorgan1969 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    it is a real workout to me?
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got the wii fit plus, it's fun and the kids can join in too, lots of variety on there, I have also got the biggest loser wii and have found that's quite good too ( although it wasn't til my slim sister came and had a go that I realised that the very fat girl working along side Gillian was actually based on me! My sisters girl was lovely and slim!)
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    The X-Box Kinect (especially YOUR Shape FE) is a lot better then the Wii Fitness. It gives you a real workout.
  • busrider71
    busrider71 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit. I bought several others that also use the board like Jillian Michaels and EA active 2(my favorite)
  • suemorgan1969
    Options
    whats the biggest loser one? x
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the wii fit, wii dance and wii zumba.

I think it's great to be able to do something in the house as I often find it hard to get out and these games are enjoyable but you can also feel the burn!
  • alumpoflard
    Options
    Have a look on Amazon for' the biggest loser challenge', it's quite cheap, has different routines which you can do with or without the balance board :-)
  • suemorgan1969
    Options
    does it show the calories burned?
  • alumpoflard
    Options
    Yes, it does show cals burnt :-)
  • suemorgan1969
    Options
    I just got one off ebay, thanks xx
  • Barbara98
    Barbara98 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit! I could do 3 miles of walking fast on the treadmill and it does not nearly woop my butt as much as the Wii fit! Although i do alternate my routine so i don't get bored or my body don't get use to doing the same thing all the time.
  • suemorgan1969
    Options
    same here, i do the wii one day and treadmill the next :}
  • Barbara98
    Barbara98 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    does it show the calories burned?

Yes it does.. when you set it up it has a section where you select a certain food that gives you a calorie goal to burn. After each exercise you do it tells you what you've buned and how many more calories you need to burn to reach that calorie goal.
  • Twidget12
    Twidget12 Posts: 71
    Options
    I've used the Wii Fit for a few years (back then it was $180 as opposed to now costing 100 bucks less) when I could find no other alternatives. I found the program didn't allow me to burn as much as I wanted. Also, it REALLY pissed me off that the Obstacle Course seemed to have a link to the Expert level which never activated. It wasn't until I spent months trying to activate it (man, did I try!!!) that I googled it and saw no such level existed!
    Also, I really hated getting on that board and having the squeaky voice go, "Oh!" like it didn't expect an elephant to drop on it ;)
    I now use "Exerbeat" with my Wii - it has some board exercises so the thing still comes in handy, and I burn three times as much in half the time. The Wii Fit hangs out in its case a lot nowadays.

^ Agreed! Not only when the squeaky voice said "Oh!" but also when it informed you in a higher pitched squeaky voice after weighing you that "That's obese!" .....As if I didn't know that!! :grumble:
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have it and use the yoga on it every morning as a warm up/wake up. I gave up soda so I had to find something to wake me up. I am also looking at getting the Zumba game with the belt.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my wii fit plus - I do my yoga and muscle workout everyday and love doing rhythm boxing, free step and free running (while watching TV).

Thinking of getting one of the wii dance games though - which ones show the number of calories you burn?
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi yes I have got one and I use it when I don't get time to go to the gym. I tend to warm up with the yoga and muscles exercise then move onto the others, we have got wii fit plus which has an additional catalogue on and thats fun. I have also got wii sports the boxing one is a killer but burns as well. It fun and exercise at the same time, would also recommend wii dance a hour of that is a lot of burn:bigsmile:
  • shiloh911
    shiloh911 Posts: 13
    Options
    I just got Wii Fit Plus and the balance board a few days ago. I think it will be good for me since I have a hard time getting motivated to exercise, and making it more of a game will help. We'll see how it goes weighing myself every day; up till now I've been weighing in once a week.