anyone ever trie juice fasting?

Options
i got into it after watching fat sick and nearly dead while i was out of work sick. it helped with my immune system a lot and i havent been getting sick like i was last year. i have done 7 day juice fasts in the past and am thinking about doing one next month. please add me if your interested or have done juice fasts. it would really be cool to find some juice fasting friends!

Replies

• Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I watched the same documentary and tried it. It was so very hard for me- I did it for 8 days. On the 8th day, I was mumbling, pacing and having mood swings, crying and cussing- I was craving chicken so badly that I ate it every day for a week after that. I gained 8 lbs during that week, my husband, who only did it for 4 days, lost over 5 lbs.
    However, I did find that the juice was super good for energy and the skin. So, we now drink at least a glass every day, it gives me awesome energy.
  • GinaMauricio17
    GinaMauricio17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yeah i have experienced the mood swings too. and my brother did the master cleanse and ate a bunch of chicken after too, weird! in the past i have lost about 10 pounds juicing. this last time i only lost like 4 pounds in the week of juicing in march but after i lost a total of 15 just eating regular. i guess it was because of my stomach shrinking.
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    I've heard a few people talk about juicing; and it sounds pretty interesting. What exactly is it or how does it work? I'm very interested.
  • ksix
    ksix Posts: 7
    Options
    I tried it for a while. It was tough the first few days. Getting past those few days where u feel like a zombie is tough. It's a good way to drop a few lbs fast and its hard to deny the benefits of juicing. It's crazy what the human body can do given the right tools.
  • ksix
    ksix Posts: 7
    Options
    You can find a ton of information if you goggle it.

This little cartoon should help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK_16u11mDA
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've heard a few people talk about juicing; and it sounds pretty interesting. What exactly is it or how does it work? I'm very interested.

The OP mentioned a very good documentary and I would like to second the motion for anyone interested to track it down and watch it.

Its called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and its all about this Australian guy that was overweight and inactive who went on a veggie juice diet and lost a ton of weight, improved all his vitals and metabolism and got a ton of energy.

I recommend the movie to anyone even vaguely interested.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Watched the same documentary, bought a Breville and I drink a green drink everyday for lunch. I haven't been sick in months, even with 3 kids who bring home every germ from school. Energy level is through the roof, I can outlast all 3 of my kids...lol
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Sounds pretty interesting. Think I'll check it out, and perhaps try it...Once again...thanks!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options

The OP mentioned a very good documentary and I would like to second the motion for anyone interested to track it down and watch it.

Its called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and its all about this Australian guy that was overweight and inactive who went on a veggie juice diet and lost a ton of weight, improved all his vitals and metabolism and got a ton of energy.

I recommend the movie to anyone even vaguely interested.

Funny, I was just talking to someone about this today... I need to research more...very interested!
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    its like being a vegan in liquid form. you juice produce and drink it all day. it gives your digestive system a break an cleans it out, thats the number one place where things get together and get you sick. totally boosts in vitamins. cleans your system of toxins so you might have bad breath when you do it. but its all mental it could drive you nuts! first 3 days are the hardest and day 6.
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    CONGRATS...on your weight loss. You'll reach your goal in no time...
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    please add me who ever is interested :flowerforyou:
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You would lose the same amount of fat by eating the equivalent number of calories in solid food. You will initially lose extra weight because your intestines won't be holding any solids, but the weight comes back (minus whatever you lost due to calorie deficit) once you reintroduce regular food back into your diet.
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    it doesnt all come back if you eat healthy after and you can grow to lose more weight than you lost while fasting. in my case i lost 4 pounds in the week of juicing and the 2 weeks after of eating correctly i lost 15 all together in 3 weeks and kept it off.but the juice fast isnt just to lose weight it gives your system a big boost. i did it because i kept getting sick an food poisoning
  • sengseng74
    sengseng74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just went 50 straight days doing organic juices only, and lost 40 pounds. There was no emotional or physical pain, suffering, or lack the entire time, which really amazed me. I mixed up my drinks in the morning and took them to work in a thermos.

The hardest part of any fast is getting yourself into a new lifestyle after you drop your desired pounds. For me, I went back onto Body for Life, because it was one of the few programs that worked wonders for me in the past.

So today I'm continuing to take the weight off, and have gotten into the habit of eating a new set of foods that will help ensure I don't yo-yo my way back up 40+ pounds again. And I've made a pact with myself that if, for some reason, I do bust through a certain weight window, that I will continue juice fasting until I am back down.

Oh, one of the things you need to be prepared for is muscle loss along with your fat loss. Since you will not be consuming significant amounts of protein on an all-juice diet, your body will end up seeking nutrients from muscle. The longer you fast, the more noticeable the muscle loss will become.

And be sure if you attempt to fast that you "break it" properly. Otherwise you will send your digestive system into a painful tailspin. After breaking my 50 day fast, I spent 5 days working up to solids again, and I still got sick when attempting certain foods.

Good luck, if you decide on it!
    Steve
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I've tried juice fasting, but personally, I prefer tea and water fasting. It makes my body feel tons better...I always freak out about the added sugars in juice, so water and tea work best for me :)
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    that was something i was worried about so i was always nervous to go past a week. but ive seen juice sold in the produce section that has protein in it . if i ever go on it any long than a week i think ill drink one to be on the safe side
  • JuliaGulia316
    Options
    This sounds so interesting! I have heard of it before, but it made me wonder how healthy it really is. Doesn't your body need protein and things like that, or is there enough of what your body needs in vegetables? I would love to try it, I will have to watch the documentary and get a feel for it.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Ya know, you don't have to go entirely 100% juice all the way for weeks or months on end.

I suggest trying a variety of recipes over a few weeks' time and just eat it for one meal each day, or even as a snack!

I usually have a veggie/fruit smoothie for breakfast and it usually consists mostly of baby spinach leaves, some strawberries, some blueberries or blackberries (these are from the freezer section and eliminate having to dilute your juice with ice) and a variety of other things that get switched out with each passing day...bananas, etc.
  • dayellw1
    dayellw1 Posts: 1
    Options
    This sounds really cool and I am super interested!!! I'm gonna watch the documentary first before I start..