My names Melissa, I'm 22, engaged and overweight!

Options
My name is Melissa. I'm 22 years old and recently engaged to my long time boyfriend Dino. I've been overweight since I was in third grade but have decided enough is enough. I want to be slim and healthy on my wedding day and nothing is going to get in the way of that. I've lost 9 lbs since I started calorie counting (for the second time) a few months ago. I'm feeling much better physically and mentally. I just hope I can stay on the wagon or get back on quickly should I fall off. My wedding isnt until April of 2013 so wish me luck on reaching my goal! I'm looking to lose just short of half my body weight!

Replies

• robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good luck Melissa! I wish I had been thin on my wedding day! You can do this and will look beautfiul! Congratulations!
  • cheynbrian
    cheynbrian Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    congradulations and good luck!! :) you can do it!
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!! Good luck!! Feel free to add me.. :)
  • MintheWing
    MintheWing Posts: 22
    Options
    You can do this! I'll be your friend if you want to add me :) good luck with everything!
  • aolenick
    aolenick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I just got married in October! Such an exciting time. I do wish I was thinner then
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :-)
    I'm losing weight and getting fit for my wedding (and honeymoon haha) in 2013 also!
  • mtngurl
    mtngurl Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm engaged and losing weight for my wedding too. I guess the most photographed day of your life is great inspiration. Tracking my food has been an eye opener on how much I eat. The hardest part for me is the motivation to go work out every day. Anyone have any good tips on that?
  • JuliaGulia316
    Options
    Good luck! And congratulations. I got married in November, just a month after I had my baby so I wasn't in the best shape of my life. I've decided to make up for it by making sure I look good in the rest of the photos taken from now on!
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! :happy:
  • Rugbygurl
    Rugbygurl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Melissa! You can do it because you have one of the best reasons in the world to do it! :heart:
    Feel free to add me as a friend and you will get some good support on here as well.

Good luck and go hard! :flowerforyou: