I've Been Sick... AND INACTIVE! Will This Set Me Back!?!?!?!

Hi everyone. Those who are used to my constant questions will see that, yes, I am still around.

The children and I have been sick, and my exercise (walking, bouncing on my rebounder, etc...) has taken a nosedive.

I've done little to nothing but chase after my eight children this last week.

I've still been watching calories... but am concerned that my lack of activity will set me back.

What do you think?!

Advice?

Encouragement?

Information?

Thanks in advance!

Carrie

Replies

• carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Hi everyone. Those who are used to my constant questions will see that, yes, I am still around.

The children and I have been sick, and my exercise (walking, bouncing on my rebounder, etc...) has taken a nosedive.

I've still been watching calories... but am concerned that my lack of activity will set me back.

What do you think?!

Advice?

Encouragement?

Information?

Thanks in advance!

Carrie
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member

What do you think?! i think if you have been sick chasing after your 8 kids is exercise enough,,when you feel better you can start a normal routine..

Advice? if your still watching calories dont worry about it,,,
    Encouragement? you will do great just keep heads up

Information?

Thanks in advance!

Carrie
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    I think that all you really need to do is watch ya calories... I have a friend that lost 171lbs just eating 1200 cals, she is lazy by nature she says.. So if you keep up with that, then you are fine. I think.

At the same time having 8 kids?! wowsers! Should keep you plenty active. So you're busy it's just not exactly the same. I so want 8 kids... haha That has to be great...

Nonetheless, you're fine. Get better, worry about your health and your kids health! That's what matters the most really. If you or your family isn't heathly what's anything else go to do with it, ya know?
  • Josie23
    Josie23 Posts: 17
    Sorry you aren't feeling well.
    You just think about getting you and your kids better and then you can get back to your work out. Having 8 kids must keep you busy, but it sounds like fun. My aunt had 19 kids :noway: talk about busy.
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    I am in the same boat as you. I have been sick and so has my 4 yr old and the baby. Although I only have 3 kids, you must be much more active than I've been.

I'm not going to let it get me down though. I've decided that taking care of myself while I'm sick is just as important as taking care of myself with exersize when I'm well.

Since you have still been watching your calorie intake I think a week off should still be fine.
    I hope you feel better.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    It's a toughy... I believe in taking it easy when I 'm sick (usually). The last few day I have not been 100%, but today I got out there and still did my run. It felt good to get out there. Of course, I'm not that bad maybe 95%:wink: .

However, that being said if you got a bad cold, it's probably your body telling you to slow down a bit until your better. But keep counting those calories!

Dont ever feel bad for asking questions! It gets people to thinking, and that's always a good thing!:flowerforyou:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I've been sick for 2 weeks. I've been skipping class and sleeping about 18 hours a day....
    BUT I started exercising again and I feel like after 4 workouts, I'm about back to where I was. I ate alot of food during this time (the drugs they had me on made me sick if I wasn't constantly eating) but I had good choices, so it didn't really set me back.

Don't try too much after being sick, that just makes it worse. But getting back into it shouldn't take too long. Take it easy until you feel better and then pick up where you were. You'll bounce back!
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    well if you are watching your calories i think you will be ok
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Take the time to get better before you exercise too much. Recoup your body and mind, and you will be able to recommit yourself to this later. I'm happy that you are still watching your food though!

I hope you get well soon.