Iced Tea Recipe

neonemesis
neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for an iced tea recipe that hopefully can meet the requirements.

1) no artificial sweeteners if possible i just don't care for the taste
2) low cal or no cal per 250ml
3) preferable tea flavors Green Tea, Black, Earl Grey

if anyone has had the iced tea at perkins it is wonderful and has 10 calories if they used artificial sweeteners then i cant taste it. On that note i just prefer to try and stay away from the sweeteners as chemically modified ingredients i try to avoid if possible.

Replies

• slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    I'm assuming you are mainly looking for variety and a way to sweeten tea with less calories without being artificial. I personally prefer my iced tea plain (black tea), and sweeten the glass individually with agave (low glycemic index) so I can control the amount in each glass. My brother prefers to mix plain black tea with fruit juices--grape, apple, cranberry. He does 2:1, tea to juice. Hibiscus tea and other herbal teas make tasty iced teas and generally don't need sweetener at all. Lemon Zinger is good; passion fruit, mint, and lavender are my favorites.
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks it seems that black tea is the best place to start for low cal.
  • ew64
    ew64 Posts: 10
    I prefer unsweetened tea anyway (an anomaly here in the South!), but you could try a bit of stevia to sweeten it.

If there are any calories in it at all, they've used some kind of sweetener or juice. I'm pretty sure plain tea of any sort is zero calories until you add them yourself.