anybody in their 40's trying to get back the body they lost

Options
baptiste565
baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
mfp family, i need some friends to motivate me! i am tired of hearing that "i look good for forty" or "i hope i look like you when i am your age" . i need help to beat back father time. can i add you?

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me, but mind you i lost that body after my first child and that was 24 years ago and it might take me a long time to find it....
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Not me...I'm trying for one better than I had.

:bigsmile:
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 years old and on the same quest, to be in the best shape of my life. feel free to add me , we can all do this!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've got that body back, I weigh what I did 20 years ago when I was 22...but I have better arms and shoulders now ;)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Not me...I'm trying for one better than I had.

:bigsmile:

Me too!
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We're all in the same boat! It's SO easy to gain the weight but taking it off is a battle! The people on MFP have truly motivated me and the support they give me encourages me to keep going. We could all use that kind of support to help us on this journey. Feel free to add me if you want and I'll give you all the suppot I can!

Good luck and welcome!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am 44. My goal as silly as it sounds to fit back into my wedding dress which I will cut into cocktail length for our 25 anniversary in 2 years. I weighed 110 pounds back then. We want to go to Vegas and renew our vows. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. Feel free to add me..
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    I am 47 years and I have never looked better. I went from a size XL to a Medium shirt. I have lost 25 lbs (180lbs). I am wearing a size 34 jean. My bicep is up to 15 1/4 inches and I recently started to see some new lines in my stomach area. You can add me.
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes. 48 years old. Focused on not only loosing some weight but building my upper body (already great on cardio endurance).
    Dave
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years young. My goal is to live another 50 yrs without any major problems. So far so good.
  • melanielynn123
    Options
    Me! ........and I will find it!:happy:
  • hucksmom1
    hucksmom1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Me too. I'm 47. Through my 20s & 30s I never had to even think about my weight, I could eat whatever I wanted without ever gaining an ounce. Back then I only weighed 98lbs & no more than 105 lbs. But after 40 that all changed. Now I just think about food & I seem to gain. I'm not accustomed to having to watch my calories or having to workout so hard so it's been a huge lifestyle change. I'm not trying to be as thin as I was back then, I don't think that looks good on a middle aged person~but I do want to be fit & healthy!
  • baptiste565
    Options
    nice
  • baptiste565
    Options
    We're all in the same boat! It's SO easy to gain the weight but taking it off is a battle! The people on MFP have truly motivated me and the support they give me encourages me to keep going. We could all use that kind of support to help us on this journey. Feel free to add me if you want and I'll give you all the suppot I can!

Good luck and welcome!
    thank you
  • baptiste565
    Options
    I am 47 years and I have never looked better. I went from a size XL to a Medium shirt. I have lost 25 lbs (180lbs). I am wearing a size 34 jean. My bicep is up to 15 1/4 inches and I recently started to see some new lines in my stomach area. You can add me.
    thanks for the motivation
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I never had one in the first place. It's all new to me.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I just turned 44 and look better than I did at 33 - weigh a bit more, but have a lot more shape (yay weight lifiting!:flowerforyou: ) and can run further, faster, lift more, do more than ever before and weigh 30lbs less than 5 years ago...
    So long story short, it can be done!:drinker:
  • marydb0000
    marydb0000 Posts: 43
    Options
    Add me! I wanted to be better at 40 than I was when I was 30. I succeeded, mostly due to running. Then I wanted to be better at 50 than I was at 40. Hmm, that's a little harder to do. BUT I'm back to my college weight, thanks to Weight Watchers, MFP, consistent exercise and nutrition. You can do it!
  • MockM911
    MockM911 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in my 40's and i'm trying to just get healthy! I REALLY need to lose 20 lbs!!! I do not have a time line, but I think I need one. Somebody help me, please!!!
  • NIJEATTE
    NIJEATTE Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to this whole thing today so I hope I can keep to this. I am a 32 year old mom that has given birth to four wonderful kids and I also have 2 step kids so I am kinda busy with a 40 hour job as a biller and taking care of the kids. I want to get the body I had when I was 26 back. I have been tryinig now for about 4 months to find a way to get back in shape for me and my babies. I hope to meet my goal of losing 30 pounds if not more. I hope I can find the perfect support group here to help out. God is also my right hand in this journey. Best of luck to everyone and God Bless U all