Am I the only one disappointed in 30DS?

Options
I started the 30 Day Shred over 30 days ago (I'm still going with level 3, as I missed a few days), and am so disappointed! My weight is around the same as when I started, but I read to expect that as I am hopefully replacing fat with muscle. However, I'm not even losing inches, and THAT is discouraging.

I have done the 30DS *almost* without fail (again, I missed a couple days due to illness) and have been doing my darndest to stay around my MFP calorie goal. I don't know what I am doing/did wrong. Any advice?! I had such high hopes after seeing everyone else's results...

Edit with photo:

bnpjzca

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose 2lbs per week?
  • MiMarMor
    MiMarMor Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well, my calorie goal on MFP is to lose 1 pound per week, but I tend to eat a bit over my calorie limit... Oops. I don't think it is far enough over to warrant my lack of results, however. Would it help if I posted a picture?
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well, my calorie goal on MFP is to lose 1 pound per week, but I tend to eat a bit over my calorie limit... Oops. I don't think it is far enough over to warrant my lack of results, however. Would it help if I posted a picture?

Do you have a HRM? If not, I found that MFP set the burn on my calories WAY to high. I was eating those calories back. I am not talking 10 or 15 calories, I am talking 100+ calories for some of the stuff I was doing. So I wasn't seeing the weight lose. I got a HRM and things have been going good.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Do you have a lot to lose? I didn't get any significant physical results from 30ds; I just felt stronger. But I didn't really have any weight to lose. I just wanted to be less flabby.
  • MiMarMor
    Options
    Posted photo above.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you don't have much or any to lose - Try ripped in 30....
  • MiMarMor
    Options

Do you have a HRM? If not, I found that MFP set the burn on my calories WAY to high. I was eating those calories back. I am not talking 10 or 15 calories, I am talking 100+ calories for some of the stuff I was doing. So I wasn't seeing the weight lose. I got a HRM and things have been going good.

I don't have a HRM... Perhaps I should invest in one. Good suggestion!
  • MiMarMor
    Options
    Is the image I posted working?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I did it everyday for 3 months...I was pretty strong at the end. I lost weight & inches.
    You only have a little weight to lose. When I did it I had about 80 pounds to lose.
    It's harder to lose when Your down to the last few pounds
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    You honestly look great. That is probably why you haven't seen a loss you don't have much to lose. I lost 7lbs with the 30 day shred but i have about 15lbs left i need to lose.
  • MiMarMor
    Options
    If you don't have much or any to lose - Try ripped in 30....

Was thinking of trying that next, actually. Hopefully I will see some good results with it.
  • MiMarMor
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I still wish I saw more results after all of that, haha. Looking at the above photo is just really disappointing. But ah well, at least my endurance and strength have improved!
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Actually to me it looks like you've lost a few inches around your hips. Also your back looks more toned (maybe because you're flexing?). Anyway you look great! I did 30DS and only lost about half a pound, but did lose about 5 inches from all over my body.
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Do you have a lot to lose? I didn't get any significant physical results from 30ds; I just felt stronger. But I didn't really have any weight to lose. I just wanted to be less flabby.

I found the same thing with no weight loss. I've got 2 days left and enjoyed it anyway!
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    I have lost 9 pounds since I started 30 day shred and I am only on level 2 day 6. Didn't do it yesterday because i wanted to take a break been doing it straight since the 8th of this month. I haven't really lost many inches tho :-(..
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed too - my weight didn't change and I only lost 2 inches (in my hips). I used a HRM but wasn't eating at much of a deficit. However, I did lose 2% body fat and felt stronger so am relatively content... I think I just got my hopes up seeing everyone's massive inch losses!!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I loved the 30 day shred. My results weren't Dramatic but it made me so much stronger and able to do things I couldn't before. So for me it was more of a stepping stone.
  • fatimaaamir
    fatimaaamir Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm going to do the 30DS once a week, 6W6P once a week and P90X videos the rest of the days for my June workout plan. I just want to tone up, lost some flab and really define my muscles a bit more and gain strength, which I hope to be able to do :)