Heart Rate Monitor Watches- Suggestions??

Options
Looking for a watch that has a heart rate monitor, any Suggestions on what works best?

Thanks!!

Replies

• shellybelly83
    Options
    Polar. Check Amazon.com for great deals with free shipping
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I would have to vote for polar too. They have quite a few to choose some, so if you do go to Amazon.com (where I got mine) you can read the reviews of them all to help you choose further. But so far I really like mine and I've had it about 2-3 months. I have the F11.
  • jcwspoon
    Options
    I have some model made by K2 which uses a chest strap for the sensor which is then transmitted to the watch. I have heard that these can be more reliable than the watches with built in sensors, but I have no validation or proof of this.

My Wife picked mine up at Kohl's for some crazy discounted price, but you can find them just about any where. Here is the model I have New Balance N2: http://nbmonitors.com/heart-rate-monitors/n2-graphite/

I have compared the results of using this with those of a similar monitor on my treadmill and they are almost exactly the same. In the end you really just want a number to compare for yourself from one day to the next ...

Good luck!
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    Polar F4 is great! User friendly and simple!:happy:
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I, too, own a Polar F4 and agree that it's user-friendly. It also uses a chest strap and when the battery runs down, it must be sent back to Polar. I also own a Mio Classic Select Petite which is accurate,and does not use a chest strap and you can get a battery change anywhere you would normally take a regular watch. The downfall is that you must stop the activity in which you are involved to take a reading (unless you are simply walking.) When you stop exercising however, your heart rate drops so you lose aerobic intensity.
  • wwoodson
    wwoodson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas!!
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have the F6 and LOVE IT!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok Precision Trainer XT (or a generic version of the exact same thing). It was WAY less that the Polar ones (I think I paid $25 for mine), and it has the chest-strap and is customizable just like the Polars. I love it, and the calorie counts seem to be correct. Just wanted to give another option besides Polar... hope this helps!