162lbs to lose, motivational friends wanted =)

Options
13lbs down, 162 to go! Recently found out I have diabetes and realized the time for change had come! I dont know anyone who needs to lose as much weight as me, and it would be nice to talk with someone who really knows what I am going through. =)

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there - can I suggest that you do not just concentrate on meeting friends who have a similar amount of weight to lose? I have a group of fantatic pals who have various amounts of weight to lose - some of us are near our target whilst others are just starting out. losing weight is losing weight. What you need is support to do this journey successfully even if it is from friends who only have a few more lbs to go.

Also - not everyone is comfortable disclosing just how much they weigh or have to lose and prefer to just log what they are actually losing. You will find this journey so much easier with friends - large or small. :flowerforyou:

Linda
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I would agree with Linda. I have a variety of friends here and all of them are supportive -- this site is amazing in that respect.

I've lost over 30 lbs and am looking to lose another 60 lbs. Feel free to add me -- I log in every day and provide as much support as the day allows.

Good luck on your journey.
  • Dana_283
    Dana_283 Posts: 58
    Options
    15 lost, and still another 125 to go, add me, we can help each other
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    you can add me too. i have about 125 or more to lose.
  • abbiepql
    abbiepql Posts: 45
    Options
    When I started this journey I was the size of a car! I am here to give you one bit of advice - DO NOT concentrate or throw effort & energy into how much you weigh or how much you want to lose - INSTEAD wrap your head around getting healty, doing EVERYTHING you can to live the productive fit lifestyle, work your *kitten* off at getting healthy and when thinking about all your hard work and new lifestyle - focus on how much you have LOST! It's will seem not impressive at the beginning, except to those that have worked hard to loss weight and many have lost under 50 lbs. but soon you will be saying I lost 55, 80, 100, 150 lbs. and peeps will be like "WOW, that is awesome" and that is YOURS to wear and beam over every flippin day :-) Seeking out friends that are in the same boat as you is more rewarding as they have "been there, done that and bought the t-shirt" but eveyone living this way is a positive and can serve as a source of motivation. My best inspires have never been obese, they just realize how important this journey is for me!
  • jjsjrs
    jjsjrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Would love to gonon the journey with you
  • scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have over 100+ to lose too....................add me too! :)
  • jericamom
    jericamom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've got 150 to lose. Add me if you'd like. :love:
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    13lbs down, 162 to go! Recently found out I have diabetes and realized the time for change had come! I dont know anyone who needs to lose as much weight as me, and it would be nice to talk with someone who really knows what I am going through. =)

I've lost more than that and still have 30-50 to go. I definitely know what you are going through!
  • MindfulVegana
    MindfulVegana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    add me i would support you i log in everyday
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have over a 100 to lose also. I am online every day most of the time. I like encouragement an a kick in the butt if I start moping. Add me if you would like. Always looking for friends!
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have 100-125 to lose as well. Feel free to add me! =)
  • lizpire
    lizpire Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, my name is Martha and i'm only 19 Im 280 pounds Im in total need of motivation as well maybe we can do it online together?? here's my email gutierrezmartha1992@yahoo.com
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, I will send you a friend request.
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 93lbs to lose, but I log in everyday (don't log my food calories because it obsesses me) and I feel like I am supportive to my friends.

Please feel free to add me :)
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I need to lose 110lbs. or so. I would love to have and provide support. Keri
  • BeckysWellnessPlan
    Options
    I don't know how motivational I am, but I have a similar amount to lose! I've lost about 20 and have another 140 to lose. Feel free to friend me! I can understand why you want friends with a similar amount to lose-- it's hard to relate sometimes to people who are capable of a lot more physical activity, etc.

Becky
  • meat03man
    meat03man Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm about 50 pounds down 100 or so to go feel free to add me.
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have 150 to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Heya
    I'm in the 'wanting to lose 100+ group" too. I'm going this alone for the most part. Feel free to add me :)