What book(s) are you reading?

Options
ashtonvv
ashtonvv Posts: 144
now that I am finished the hunger games, and fifty shades of grey.. What's next?! lol

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I just finished Sphere by Micheal crichton (Not sure about his last name. XP) I'm working on another book by him but haven't gotten far. Haven't read fifty shades of gray but going off of that, maybe you could try 'Comfort food'? It's a similar genre by Kitty Thomas. My friend told me to read it and I definitely was not expecting that kind of book based off the title. haha. But I'll admit, it was really good.
  • ashtonvv
    Options
    I shall ! and try fifty shades, I was so skeptical, but it was honestly the best trilogy i've read so far!
  • andrewinsuresal
    Options
    Just started 11/22/63 by Stephen King yesterday.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I shall ! and try fifty shades, I was so skeptical, but it was honestly the best trilogy i've read so far!
    I might give it a try eventually. I heard it seemed like a teenager wrote it, lots of repetition, and the sex scenes were just more laughable? :P I'll check into it more.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Play Dirty (Sandra Brown)

--
    After five long years in federal prison, Griff Burkett is a free man. But the disgraced Cowboys quarterback can never return to life as he knew it before he was caught cheating. In a place where football is practically a religion, Griff committed a cardinal sin, and no one is forgiving.
    read more http://www.amazon.com/Play-Dirty-Novel-Sandra-Brown/dp/1416523332/ref=tmm_mmp_title_0
  • ashtonvv
    Options
    I might give it a try eventually. I heard it seemed like a teenager wrote it, lots of repetition, and the sex scenes were just more laughable? :P I'll check into it more.

haha ya, well the main character is 22 and inexperienced, it was alot of repetition as far as the countless sex scenes but aside from that I really liked the story line that went along with his lifestyle, lots of twists and turns and slutty crazy ex girlfriend/submissives LOL
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i've just finished 50 shades of grey, LOVED IT, can't wait for the next one (my pal is reading it at the mo) so inbetween I am reading The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do, and How to Change by Charles Duhigg, very interesting
  • Bunnypen
    Bunnypen Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm reading Angelology by Danielle Trussoni.
    The prologue had my rapt attention from the first paragraph. I was blown away by the style of writing and how articulate this writer was. The words were beautiful to boot! Before this book I finished the Hunger Games trilogy, which I liked. Except that I feel like whenever a book was reaching it's final chapters the writer decided to rush the ending. The endings always felt weird.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'm behind the times, just reading Fifty Shades of Grey now.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Good Read.
  • ashtonvv
    Options
    I'm reading Angelology by Danielle Trussoni.
    The prologue had my rapt attention from the first paragraph. I was blown away by the style of writing and how articulate this writer was. The words were beautiful to boot! Before this book I finished the Hunger Games trilogy, which I liked. Except that I feel like whenever a book was reaching it's final chapters the writer decided to rush the ending. The endings always felt weird.

YESS!! i hated how the last book ended!! ... "ok im sick of writing this **** the end" basically
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    The Pursuit of God by A.W. (Aiden Wilson) Tozer
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Good Read.

This is one I'm reading over the next couple months. Currently listening to the audiobook Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (helps me when I drive and when I run...now I can't wait to do both), and reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    Just started James Pattersons Run For Your Life. He is my fave autor!
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options

I absolutely LOVED that book. Read it over a weekend, staying up half the night because I couldn't put it down. I hope you like it.
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Time Enough For Love by Heinlein and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by ?? can't think of the author.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I just finished: "Blink".
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The Left Behind Series.
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be the oldie and multi-tasker here -

I am reading
    - Frankstein by Mary Shelley (when I have breaks at work)
    - Inheritance by Christopher Paolini (when I am a restroom break at home)
    - Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (when I'm at the pool tanning)

And yes, I can keep the plots and characters separate.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    Ahhh, I'm reading Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen :)))) I love this book! It never fails to make me laugh...and I've read it over ten times!

It's about a woman whose husband throws her off a cruise ship (literally) and essentially how she gets back at him for it after surviving the time at sea. She's rescued by a hermit and his neurotic doberman; the entire thing is hilarious, because Hiaasen manages to make all the characters entirely separate (classy Joey, the main character, for example, versus the slightly ridiculous but surprisingly insightful half-wit assassin/bodyguard, Tool.)