before/after pics of ladies who lost in their thighs

Options

Replies

• Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fabulous information, Jadedone.. That was incredibly informational and inspirational. Thank you!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    jhigg11, shbretired - thanks :) that's really true! I definitely got rid of that 'jiggly thighs' guy. Now my current boyfriend tells me he loves my legs! Being surrounded by positive people is much better lol
  • Justagirl1978
    Justagirl1978 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Calorie restriction and heavy *kitten* to grass squats, walking lunges, barbell step ups, kettlebell swings and deadlifts helped me get my legs in shape :)

318596_10150370437129369_167592354368_9930374_6629207_n.jpg
  • dacurtis29
    dacurtis29 Posts: 4
    Options
    Driaxx - I so agree! You look terrific to me. Negativity breeds negative thoughts. If those friends are too important to lose, maybe you just need to tell them that saying those things really hurt you. Hopefully, they too will care enough about you to be more positive about you as well.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It will all change after the menopause, then you will lose on your legs first before it goes off your belly, it's all to do with the hormones. I've lost 43lbs and dropped 3 sizes in trousers. The other half remarked that my *kitten* had disappeared. I think he meant it nicely.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am somehow losing in my thighs first....I was doing CX 3x/week...Which I love...I stayed the same everywhere but my thighs are each 2 inches smaller in a month & a half...That is the only part of my body that I was sort of okay with was my legs & wish it was from my waist but I will definitely take it....A loss anywhere is still a loss....No pics though..Sorry...I am not ready for that yet!!
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • g2the2nd
    g2the2nd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really great job!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I seemed to lose my thighs first... I'm still thicker there, but it's a strong thick and I don't want to lose any more there. Now my stomach is my pain. I think that it just comes down to everyone being different. I have a girlfriend that has a tiny tiny waist... but thick thick thighs and hips. She just can't lose them.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • specialtreat
    Options
    Calorie restriction and heavy *kitten* to grass squats, walking lunges, barbell step ups, kettlebell swings and deadlifts helped me get my legs in shape :)

Nice result!!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Thanks for that! I am pretty much your original shape now and am glad to see that I what I want to achieve is realistic :)
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump..thank you ladies for the great responses!
  • jaimemcdowell
    Options
    bump!
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    This is my biggest problem area. I have accepted that my hips/thighs will always be bigger.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up for some more responses/inspiration. Recommitting myself in the new year to lose another 20-30 lbs. Working on my lower half like crazy!
  • alltoowell
    alltoowell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

My thighs are the worst part of my body. I don't know what to do about them. When I lost 6 pounds I only lost 1 inch total from them!
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    No pics, but:

- Plyo, which I can't do anymore because it broke my feet

- Running, which I can't do anymore because it contributed to breaking my feet

- Martial arts, which I might have been able to keep doing had I not broken my feet.

The martial arts involved one hour of conditioning - HUNDREDS of kicks, pushups, crunches, punches - before each actual class (also 1 hr), twice a week. Best shape of my life.

I am really happy to see non jumpy options here :)

NB: and the thing is - running's often advised for bottom heavy women to slim legs. It's very probable that our wide hips make us the worst for it. Better to look for other alternatives.