Fitbit users help!!

Options
How accurate does your calorie burned # seem? I just got fitbit this week and I love it except I'm trying to figure out the calorie burned and MFP calorie goal adjustment. I usually eat about 1500 calories (5'5" 193 pounds) and its constantly telling me I should eat around 1900-2000 calories. Not only does it seem impossible to eat that much and eat healthy but it seems really excessive. Any advice from veteran fitbit users?

Replies

• divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have only had mine for a couple of weeks so I am no expert but on the Fitbit site there are FAQs and a Fitbit101 that might help you out with your question. I think that it shows you all the calories you burn, not just your exercise but even just sitting still breathing, digesting etc.. So when it converts them over to MFP it only sends the ones from true exercise you expend. At least that is what I think it does!!!

I say this because this morning it showed me as burning about 500 calories around 9 oclock and all I had done was eat breakfast and work on the computer, hardly strenuous exercise! Also at the end of the day you will see a pie chart like graph, it breaks down your activity as well. I looked at mine for today and I have to say it looks fairly accurate.

I am just getting used to it as well. I love the sleep feature. Oh and today I climbed the Hollywood Sign! Yay me. the highest I have climbed was the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It counts your hills as stairs as well so that is cool.

Good luck!
  • wayno007
    wayno007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How accurate does your calorie burned # seem?

I've just started using Fitbit as well, and the calorie numbers do seem a bit skewed. My understanding is that when I set up my MFP profile, the expected calorie intake was based on a normal amount of calories burned based on my lifestyle. Instead, I think I'm seeing Fitbit just add on top of those, providing what I think are fairly unrealistic numbers. I'm just keeping with my original calorie intake, and in for any insight.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    Bump.
  • Babyglass13
    Babyglass13 Posts: 27
    Options
    Bumping because I have these same questions.