Wedding Gift from the Best Man

Options
Topsking2010
Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
Hello my Friends,

I am the best man and I need some ideas for a Wedding Gift. Both the bride and groom have been married before and don't really need anything. The wedding is tomorrow and I could use some suggestions.

Thanks

Replies

• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    when my husband was a best man he gave the groom money $2000 i think :)
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    WOW!! That is generous but out of my budget!!!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Couples massage gift certificate?
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    I like the couple massage idea since both of them are runners!!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    If they drink alcohol, you could get them a nice bottle of wine or liquor.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Wine, wine glasses, spa certificate, gift cards to their favorite restaurant, engraved wedding frame.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

well you are the best man LOL
    you dont have to give $2000
    but you can't go wrong with money
    goodluck:drinker:
  • MandiB79
    MandiB79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the massage idea is perfect! :) Enjoy the festivites tomorrow!
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cash is always king...but if they are both runners perhaps a gift certificiate for a local running store?

Have fun
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

well you are the best man LOL
    you dont have to give $2000
    but you can't go wrong with money
    goodluck:drinker:

I think you deff can go wrong with money too little what does that say too much what does that say way to complicated!

Massage GC's or Maybe enter them in a couples team race
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Tickets to the movies :-)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I organized with the best man at my sister's wedding and I gave her something special and personal from me and BM gave my BIL something special and personal from him. For my best friend I bought them something from their registry that they really needed and bough her a little something extra that was personal. I think the gift from the BM or MoH should include something very personal between you and the person you're standing for.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give them the gift tomorrow, you have a few months after the wedding to get it to them, particularly since you are in the wedding party tomorrow just focus on your wedding duties and don't sweat the gift, if it gets mentioned just let them knowy ou plan to provide it later but your #1 job as the best man is to BE the best man...as for gift ideas, I have found that pictures are the best gift for the couple who has everything...so if you have any pictures from the pre-wedding stuff like trying on tuxes or checking out rings or the rehearsal dinner, etc you can throw those in with pictures from getting ready for the wedding and candids from the wedding...you can get those collage photo frames just about any drug store or wal-mart, or get a little scrapbook and fill it with stuff...even if you've never scrapbooked before it's pretty easy these days with lots of paper designs and stickers and a zillion album sizes...any real scrapbook or craft store is good plus wal-mart has a good size scrapbook section for stickers and stuff, not as good a selection for the albums...the photo option would allow you to do something in any price range, plus it's more personalized and any bride/groom should appreciate the time and effort put into creating something that really will be a memory to last a lifetime...
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Go with money - most people I guess wouldn't admit how much they want it, but they'll be glad to get it.

And don't worry about what they think of the amount. If you're the best man then they won't judge you on it.

I was best man and my present was £60. The groom was really happy with it and went out of his way to mention that he knew my money situation and that it meant a lot to him.
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    have they got children?? if so vouchers to baby sit (may sound mad but was my fav gift at my wedding)
    i like personal gifts so if u are gifted then make them something personal.

sports store gift certificates, wine glasses, spa day

good luck hope they have a wonderful day xx
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    I must admit to being nervous about giving the toast tomorrow but I will think of something. All your ideas are awesome!! Never thought about waiting for after the wedding to give a gift!!
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    Both are financially secure with grown children so I am trying to come up with something unique.
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    What my husband has done a couple of times is get really nice glassware (usually from Tiffany's) for the couple's favorite drink -- beer drinkers get beer glasses, whisky drinkers - low balls, martini drinkers, wine drinkers... When's he's in the wedding he'll add a pitcher or other bar accessories. This looks super nice, but costs a lot less than people think -- glasses run $20-$40 each and a pitcher is $125-$170. Usually we'll get 2-4 glasses. If you order or buy in-person from Tiffany's they pack it up in the signature blue box too :)http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/ look under Table/Barware or Table/Pitchers menus. Most nice department stores sell comparable goods if you don't have a Tiffany in your city. [I don't work for Tiffany, I just think they give a really good impression for the price, and have quality goods.]

My husband got an engraved flask, and a really nice bottle of scotch from his best man. He loved that :) We also got a bottle of Dom (champagne) & 2 crystal champagne glasses from someone else in the wedding, and we both loved that gift. (wow -- we really sound like boozers)

I like the couples massage idea too. Another active option might be something like cooking classes (if they both like to cook) or more adventurous -- skydiving or rock climbing.

Some good friends of ours bought us an activity on our honeymoon -- they found out the hotel we were staying at and pre-paid for a volcano tour (we were in Hawaii). That was fabulous -- we got to do something we wouldn't have done for ourselves -- this would work for the couples massage idea too.
  • iaemmy
    iaemmy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A gift certificate to a night or two at a romantic Bed and Breakfast in the area?
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    an idea i got from a friend of mine was the enrol them in a wine of the month club. so each month they would receive a new kind of beverage to try. that way its a gift that keeps on giving. that way they can make it like a date night each month when they receive their new bottle too. and you include some beautiful glasses with it.

if they're not into wine, maybe cheese of the month!? i'd like that more than wine! :bigsmile: