Pedal exerciser.

Options
hello all. i just want to share with you. i've been use pedal exerciser. i lie down on my bed and cycle the pedal exerciser for 30 minutes.
do you think it's a good exercise?
i hope you can share your knowledge.

Replies

• skinnyTR
    skinnyTR Posts: 3
    Options
    Well, it surely can't hurt you... and it has to help some since you are moving your body parts- and that takes energy no matter what. So go for it, at least as a starter. Plan for more later.
  • lizbwell
    Options
    Good to know that could help. I cannot find the exercises I do in the database. They are bed lying down and I have a routine of 10 leg and 6 arms. Some picked up from home health care and the arms from Rehab. Hoping to get help entering the ones below correctly?

Arms help with typing fingers! LOL all that stretching. Anyway how do I let the database know what I am doing as I do not know the proper names.

Leg slide sideways
    knee press
    heel slide up and down
    legs on pillows at knee and kick Was easy when I could stand!
    Pillow between knees and press
    Ankle rock up and down
    Ankle rotate to the sides
    Raise one leg at a time, knees locked, to about 15"s

I had just reached 15 each when this last hit. And the OT was ready with the pedal exerciser. Some of these modified from sitting and standing.

March in place, standing. March in place lying down arms to side, palms flat. Only when strong enough. They told me to do one takes energy then one doesn't take much and rest alot. Do not know what your situation is so please do as the forum says and check with Doc First.... And as usual, what works with one may not work with another. Life is a "hoot" and not a bit fair! That was my first lesson.

All I wanted to do was ask about the exerciser!! You may be wanting to take back the Welcome Mat!!!

The arms are with the stretch band, hip to over opposite should and then in from over head. My care giver went home and tried the exercisers and now does them to!

Just a bit more, I am a vet, USAF-Waf and did the basic training in the 50's.
  • lizbwell
    Options
    That is what I was allowed to use today. But my OT helped me to chair next to bed. I cannot walk but can slide my feet. Have to have total help to stand and cannot stand alone.

I love the pedal thingee at least it feels like fun. Will check and see what I can find out about it next Tuesday when my next time is here. Did 5 min. and the OT seemed pleased.