Running App for Phone

Options
sadira86
sadira86 Posts: 23 Member
I have an app called "get running" which is a c25k program and i like it very much, but i'd like to find an app that tracks my distance, speed, etc. i've been looking in the app store but there are so many and i figured you guys might have some good recs! i know an app on my phone probably won't be as 100% accurate as a separate piece of equipment, but i'm a little too broke for that right now, i really just want something that will work close enough.

Replies

• BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The one I have is called Endomondo, it tracks speed and distance. I like it.
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have Endomondo too but only the free version. It gives you options to change the exercises. I am thinking about the pro version because you can log in interval training.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun and runkeeper on android... I'm sure they've got it for iphone too.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper.
  • Trajikmajik
    Trajikmajik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cardiotrainer...I use it on every walk/run. Accurate and gives you periodic updates on speed and distance.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have Endomondo. Nice app, but is not always accurate for calorie burn. I rely on my HRM for that.
  • aisharehman
    Options
    I use the Nike GPS app. It trackes distance, pace and time. You can also play your music through the app which is nice. You can also see the map of where you ran and it will show you where you ran the slowest/fastest. I highly recommend it.
  • sadira86
    sadira86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is great but. I use Zombies, run!! for iphone most of the time cause it's so much fun.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I use RUNKEEPER.

It's FREE, will track your time, distance, speed, etc. You can use your own Playlists as well. And... you can use it for all kinds of events, not just running. I use mine for cycling, and I manually add in my treadmill workouts too. And I love that it has the GPS included. Once in a great while the GPS starts me off in the wrong place, but that is few and far between, and.... you can always go online and modify that if it happens. That is the other thing too.... there is a companion website you can use to input other stuff as well.

I also have the app talk to me every 5 minutes... it tells me my distance, avg speed, avg pace, current pace, etc. I like that... it helps keep me on track!
  • JessicaAnnD
    JessicaAnnD Posts: 29
    Options
    I use the Nike GPS app. It trackes distance, pace and time. You can also play your music through the app which is nice. You can also see the map of where you ran and it will show you where you ran the slowest/fastest. I highly recommend it.

Love this one too!! Nike GPS is awesome!!
  • Pamdiane82
    Pamdiane82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I run 4 times a week and mapmyrun is amazing. Very acurate & I'm in NY. I've compared it to the tracking on my Nike gps watch and it's always on target.
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love Runkeeper!
  • Starsighter78
    Starsighter78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

This! :)
  • crochetnut
    crochetnut Posts: 35
    Options
    Walkmeter! Absolutely love this app!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper. It's free and it's pretty good where accuracy is concerned unless it's stormy--then sometimes it gives me extra mileage. Most of the time, though, it does a good job.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The one I have is called Endomondo, it tracks speed and distance. I like it.

I LOVE Endomondo..but I always end my workout by mistake:((
  • LovelyNina21
    Options
    These all sound so great! I will have to try them out & see which one works best for me! THANK YOU LADIES! :happy:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Mapmyrun is awesome. It's free, easy to use, interfaces with the web, and accurate!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I've tried endomondo and I really don't care for it. It's not as accurate as it should be and doesn't give me a lot of data.

If you want TONS OF NUMBERS, get sports tracker app! You can also sign up and get an awesome web portal where you can see all your stats. It had the most accurate GPS reading of all the apps I tried, and I've tried many. MapMyRun was off by HALF A MILE.

Edit: Check out my sports-tracker profile if you want to see what the web interface looks like

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/secretlobster