My son needs some help from you

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
He is going to go to Iowa for college. He is 13 and he is doing a report on the area and the school.
Here is my son Sven:
What is there to do around the university of iowa?
What is the weather like in Iowa City?
What are some interests in the area?
Thank you for your time:happy:
Sven Dobbs

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    He is going to go to Iowa for college. He is 13 and he is doing a report on the area and the school.
    Here is my son Sven:
    What is there to do around the university of iowa?
    What is the weather like in Iowa City?
    What are some interests in the area?
    Thank you for your time:happy:
    Sven Dobbs
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well Sven, both of my cousins who are from Texas went to Iowa state. Here is what they loved about Iowa:
    1. There are Four seasons
    2. The weather is wonderful year round
    3. The people they say are friendly and helpful
    4. The scenery(sp?)is beautiful

Here is what they did not like about Iowa
    1. It snows

When you are born and raised in Texas no matter what you do, Snow is just not for us Texans!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I don't know much about the area..never lived there but I did travel to the University on 2 occasions for business
    It was beautiful and the people are SOOO nice!
    I loved it!

Kim
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about the University Sven, but I live in southern Iowa. Iowa is mostly farm land , and grow mostly corn, soy beans and plenty cattle farms for milk and a few hog farmers. Just hold your nose when you drive by one. The saying for most of us in Iowa is "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes and it will change.":happy: Des Moines is the capital of Iowa. Iowa City is well known for it's hospitals being which have some very good Doctors , and many there becoming doctors. Means Iowa is mostly farm land and has many small towns, most have their own hospitals. But when it comes to more serious injuries and need of heart surgery, in an emergency people are life-lifted by helicopter to either Des Moines hospitals or Iowa City. From Spring to Fall the scenery is beautiful, We are just now getting green grass, and trees are budding, and next month the flowers will start to bloom , this being the plains there are many wild flowers. This is also the time of year that we have chances for tornado's , this can happen at any time a severe storm comes during spring and summer. I haven't been to Iowa City in a long time so I don't know what they have as far as entertainment. And not sure if the Mississippi runs through you would have to look on a map. But the Mississippi River pretty much runs through Iowa and then there are Gambling Boats docked in some areas. Iowa of course has it's history of Indians and many Town and Counties are named after an Indian tribe. The Iowa State Fair is a big crowd drawing affair, usually in August I believe. People here are friendly and more casual dressers , in jeans and a few cowboy hats:happy: I hope I have been some help. Good luck on your report, and hope you come visit Iowa someday soon.
  • icandoit
    Options
    I don't know much about the University Sven, but I live in southern Iowa. Iowa is mostly farm land , and grow mostly corn, soy beans and plenty cattle farms for milk and a few hog farmers. Just hold your nose when you drive by one. The saying for most of us in Iowa is "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes and it will change.":happy: Des Moines is the capital of Iowa. Iowa City is well known for it's hospitals being which have some very good Doctors , and many there becoming doctors. Means Iowa is mostly farm land and has many small towns, most have their own hospitals. But when it comes to more serious injuries and need of heart surgery, in an emergency people are life-lifted by helicopter to either Des Moines hospitals or Iowa City. From Spring to Fall the scenery is beautiful, We are just now getting green grass, and trees are budding, and next month the flowers will start to bloom , this being the plains there are many wild flowers. This is also the time of year that we have chances for tornado's , this can happen at any time a severe storm comes during spring and summer. I haven't been to Iowa City in a long time so I don't know what they have as far as entertainment. And not sure if the Mississippi runs through you would have to look on a map. But the Mississippi River pretty much runs through Iowa and then there are Gambling Boats docked in some areas. Iowa of course has it's history of Indians and many Town and Counties are named after an Indian tribe. The Iowa State Fair is a big crowd drawing affair, usually in August I believe. People here are friendly and more casual dressers , in jeans and a few cowboy hats:happy: I hope I have been some help. Good luck on your report, and hope you come visit Iowa someday soon.

Thanx for the info it really will come in handy for my project
    SVEN DOBBS:wink:
  • icandoit
    Options
    AND THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE ELSE YOU ARE SUCH A BIG HELP
    SVEN DOBBBS:bigsmile:
  • icandoit
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time for the info. It's hard to get the info when you don't know people who live or attend school there.
    He will be going to Univ of Iowa in 6 years. He has made up his mind. Hopefully on a wrestling scholarship. I REALLY HOPE
  • stacy83084
    Options
    Its very flat!!!