need movie snack ideas

Options
I am having movie night with my kids and I need some snack ideas so I don't inhale a bucket of greasy popcorn or an entire box of reeses pieces. Please help.

Replies

• trottola
    Options
    Maybe freeze some grapes or have a bowl of dried fruit and nut mix? Or make your own popcorn at home, it's not too unhealthy if you pop it yourself and have it salted!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    popcorn...no butter
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Make you're own chex or trail mix. I do that and everyone loves it! I use pretzels, nuts (or cashews), raisins, chex cereal, M&M's and other things to give it that sweet and salty mix.
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Pick up a box of Pop Secret 94% Fat Free! Only 240 calories for the whole bag! Plus, it's whole grain and roughage which helps the digestive system!

-Ian
  • skinnyheather
    skinnyheather Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pick up a box of Pop Secret 94% Fat Free! Only 240 calories for the whole bag! Plus, it's whole grain and roughage which helps the digestive system!

-Ian

I like the Kettle Corn version of this... satisfies the sweet tooth!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi, Junior Mints aren't too bad at all and I LOVE the smartfood popcorn flavored packs. 100 calories and between 1-2 grams of fat, the cookie pecan one is fabulous!!
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi, Junior Mints aren't too bad at all and I LOVE the smartfood popcorn flavored packs. 100 calories and between 1-2 grams of fat, the cookie pecan one is fabulous!!

i just looked up the website & found these that I thought sounded wonderful: http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/smartfood-popcorn-clusters.html

now I want to get a movie & some peanut-butter apple clusters. haha
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, I can't just have a tiny portion of something during a movie. I like the snacking part of movie snacks (like popcorn) that last through most of the movie, so I go for lower cal versions.

Pumpkin seeds ( season appropriate too! :tongue: )
    organic dark chocolate
    organic lollipops

Yum! I think I'll have to go see something now too!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Pop chips. They are potato chips that are popped, not baked or fried, and they taste marvelous but have very little fat or calories. They taste as good as regular potato chips -- maybe better because they aren't as greasy.

http://www.popchips.com
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    Pop chips. They are potato chips that are popped, not baked or fried, and they taste marvelous but have very little fat or calories. They taste as good as regular potato chips -- maybe better because they aren't as greasy.

http://www.popchips.com

sounds very interesting. i'll definitely have to try these.
  • CourtneyF
    Options
    Thank you. I took a few bags of all kinds of things. My kids were happy, I was satisfied and I didn'
    t spend hundreds at the snack bar. I have to say, frozen grapes were awsome!