How do I read net calories???

Options
Ok...so I am wondering how to read the net calories and apply it to how much weight I am suppose to be losing etc? So in other words on some days it says my net calories are for instance 400/500/800/1400/-200/3400/-400 so how would I figure out how much weight I am suppose to lose with those figures over the past week? I think I am allowed a cheat meal/week with as low as everything else is and I would GREATLY appreciate your help on understanding this!!

Thanks so very much!

Replies

• Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options
    uhm, I have no idea what you are talking about. What do you mean by "net" calories? Trying to lose weight is not an exact science. Everyone has different metabolisms.

Demetria
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Well ok net calories are the number of calories eaten after exercise, so in other words if you ate 1200 calories burned 1000 in exercise you have actually only consumed 200 calories for the entire day, this is not taking into account that you burn depending on your height and weight anywhere from 1400-1600 calories a day just breathing and doing daily chores, bathing dressing etc. For the ENTIRE WEEK I have had 11,238 calories in exercise I have burned 5274 Calories and at the least 1400 calories a day x 7=9800 calories+5274 calories burned during exercise=15,074 Calories burned all week so now that subtract the 11,238 calories consumed in a week would be 3836 calories that would be over a pound of loss per week so about 1.5lbs/week and that is not counting any other extra calories you burn as I said before bathing, cleaning your house, etc may be more depending on how much you do everyday, this is also allowing about a 2500 calorie a week cheat meal pizza and beer, a couple of pints of ice cream I wouldnt do that every week but the math states that even one cheat meal/week would allow for weight loss!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    If you're netting 200 calories a day, you may not lose much at all. The larger the deficit between what you need and what you give your body to use, the slower your metabolism goes. The body is highly efficient at conserving in the event it isn't being fed.

Please read

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

and

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/777-why-is-starvation-mode-so-bad
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Oh noo I am netting more than 200 cals per day but there may be a day or two out of the week that I only net 200 calories the rest of the time is 500/800/1000/1300 no more than 1300 because I take a break from my 90 minutes of cardio 2 days/week so I would net everything ive eaten for that day due to not exercising.